Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the ecoPUREDRIVE engine availablewith the Juke -
does it relate to the Petrol or Diesel Juke engine.

I can't see where it mentions PUREDRIVE on the UK spec -
maybe I'm looking in the wrong place

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Nissan Puredrive engine is supposed to be more eco-friendly (reduced CO2 emissions)
http://www.nissan.fr/FR/fr/inside-nissan/innovation-and-technology/pure-drive.html

I thought it was for Nissan diesel engines, but
it is mentioned on parkers.co.uk as though it
isfor a Petrol engine

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/nissan/juke-2010.aspx?page=6

parkers.co.uk
If diesel's not your bag then go for the 108bhp 1.6-litre Pure Drive petrol that returns 47mpg. The standard 1.6-litre petrol is a credible alternative with an official average fuel economy of 44mpg.
I'm confused. I didn't know there was a Puredrive petrol engine for the Juke.

·
Registered
164 Posts
KevInJuke said:
parkers.co.uk
If diesel's not your bag then go for the 108bhp 1.6-litre Pure Drive petrol that returns 47mpg. The standard 1.6-litre petrol is a credible alternative with an official average fuel economy of 44mpg.
I'm confused. I didn't know there was a Puredrive petrol engine for the Juke.
Parkers seem to have it correct in one sense:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/green/Nissan-pure-drive/
The badge will be fitted to all Nissans that produce carbon dioxide at 140g/km or lower and will include versions of the Micra, revised Note, and certain Qashqai models.
So assuming that is correct then Parkers are as confused as we are as only the 1.5d(in the Juke range) has a CO2 figure of less than 140g/km

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you are probably right about the marketing BS.

The rumour from a Nissan worker in Sunderlandwas that there is (or will be)be a Juke PureDrive option and better Juke colour range introduced in a while, when we've all bought from the current range and the after initial rush has died down![/i] He seemed to be saying that some markets already get a PUREDRIVE option.
Maybe that was just a Geordie Juke joke,and notto be taken seriously.

I've just seen that Whatcar(writing for the UK market) say there is no sign yet of a PureDrive eco option.
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/nissan-juke-driven/251216

Whatcar.co.uk July 2010
The diesel returns an unremarkable 55mpg and 134g/km of CO2 – there's no sign yet of a PureDrive eco version. The engine's a little grumbly, but there's a reasonable amount of power and it's quite smooth – although our car had a slight hiccup at around 1800rpm. It'll cost you from £14,145, which looks a bit expensive when the 1.6 (which will probably be nicer to drive) still gives you 44mpg.

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
164 Posts
The more I read, the more confused I'm getting

So Whatcar says
The diesel returns an unremarkable 55mpg and 134g/km of CO2 – there's no sign yet of a PureDrive eco version

From what I thought I understood, the fact that it only produces 134g/km of CO2 (i.e. less than 140g/km)makes it a Pure Drive versionand Nissan are likely as not going to put a Pure Drive badge on the back.

Still, I'll not worry overly as the only version I'm interested in is the the 1.6 Dig-T.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knownot to believe everything I read on the internet.
Ican't find the Nissan worker's comments now, they may have been on a site like Facebook, (which is in itself a bit of a mystery to me.) The commentsseemed to suggest a petrol ecodrive was available already but being denied to us in the UK on Jukes until the initial rush from 'early-buyers' had died down, then it was coming - with new colours too.

After a quick 'google' of PureDrive, I don't thinkwe aremissing much.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks to all for explainations. I have some problems to understand some technical words.
On my documentation :
- 1.6Visia : 140 g/km
- 1.6 Acenta : 140 g/km
- 1.6 Tekna : 149 g/km
- 1.6 DIG-T Tekna :159 g/km
- 1.6DIG-T All mode 4x4 Tekna : 175 g/km
- 1.5 DCI Visia/Acenta/Tekna : 134 g/km

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Puredrive gets a mention ina Juke article from BusinessCar.co.uk

There is, though, an eco Puredrive version of the 117hp 1.6 petrol that, thanks to eco tyres and a few aerodynamic tweaks, comes in at 138g/km or 16% for BIK.

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=2&storycode=6249

------------------------
This Scandinavian Juke Spec page mentions a Petrol Puredrive engine, so it does seem to be available in some countries.

I notice the Puredrivelogo isshown on this Juke page from Nissan Finland:
http://www.nissan.fi/FI/fi/vehicles/crossovers/juke.html#vehicles/crossovers/juke

also a mention of PureDrive on page 12 of the Finland brochure:
http://www.nissan.fi/etc/medialib/nissaneu/_FI_fi/_Brochures/_crossovers/500100.Par.21213.File.pdf

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
valy63 said:
Only on the 117hp !!
Crollen, I thought your are interested by the 190hp ?

Correct. I have no personal interest in a Pure Drive Juke, but I was intrigued as to what is or isn't labelled as such.

In fact, the single reason that first got me interestedin the Juke was the 190bhp. If they were to ever put the same engine in the Qashqai, then I might stick with one of those!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AsthesePureDrive Jukes are already being made in Sunderland for export to some countries, there'e a good chance that we'll get the option in the UK at some time in the future

I wonder how they do 'tweaks' to the Juke to make it more eco friendly? Eco tyres are mentioned, but what else?

I'd be happy with little steel wheels and wheel trims on a Juke,that's one of the thingsMINI put on some of their eco-friendly "Minimalist"Minis.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slight progress on the Petrol PureDrive situation -
We know there's a PureDrive Juke Diesel, and now
Nissanno longerdenythe existance of a 138g/km Co2 PetrolJuke, made at the Sunderlandfactory with slight tweaks to reduce its emissons, andalreadyexported tosome countries.

Nissan confirmthe Petrol PureDriveisNOT on sale in the UK and that
"there are currently no plans for it to be sold here"

<DIV align=right>...some of the workers at the factory say theyhave been toldPureDrivewill be available in a UK Petrol Juke, with a few more options/better spec in 2011 - we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If Nissan are making a puredrive petrol it seems odd they're not selling in the UK at present. I'd've though a 138g//km CO2 petrol would be a company car buyers dream?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I really don't get why they wouldn't offer it for the UK market especially with our tax system.... maybe a goverment thing? does the opposition offer a car with similar spec to the PUREDRIVE? i.e. cheap tax?

Also how does increasing the unsprung weight equate to better g/km? surely decreasing the wheel weight would do that last time I checked steel was heavier than alloy...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They've found a way to make the 1.6 Petrol 138g Co2 /km and are therefore selling it with the PureDrive badge in some countries inclusing Finland and Sweden.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm from Spain. I'm buying a 117 hp Juke (gasoline) but I read that spends a lot of gasoline because the developments are short (short gearbox).

The solution is a version with longer gearbox,PureDrive. The juke "normal" at 140 km / h is about 5000 rpm. In version PureDrive (in Spain still have not seen it but I read that it will be a next release, not yet confirmed) this version mainly consumption reduction gearbox longest.

A greeting.

p.d: sorry for my english

1 - 20 of 31 Posts