Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please I have been informed that we need to have public liability cover in place for the forthcoming meet at Gaydon, does anyone have experience in this field and can point me in the direction of a good reputable company that will be competetive on price as I am sheeling out a fair amount already and would like to keep costs down as much as possible
thanks in advance
deks

edit ok I have been onto events insurance and the cheapest quote I can get is £76 for £1m liability
so it looks as if I will have to increase the ticket price to cover this

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
286 Posts
Morning Deks. There should not be a need for PL insurance as you will all be all be at Gaydon which is a public venue and they will have all the necessary. If you were meeting in a field somewhere then you would need to cover yourself. Worry not! I've just checked with one of our Chamber of Commerce members who has confirmed my original thoughts. Warm wishes, Sue

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is that definitely the case Sue? I know it's a completely different situation but I help run our local village hall and whilst we have PL insurance for our own activities or any claim arising from our management of the hall, anyone hiring the hall is responsible for getting cover for their activities. So for example, if someone hires a room for a party and they trip over a loose floor tile it would be our insurance because we're responsible for the floor but if they trip over some food from the party it would be the party organiser's insurance.

It's not usually expensive to get PL insurance depending on the activities being undertaken.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sue thanks for this info but the venue says we do have to have it as its booked as a rally and members of the public will have access and if someone trips over one of our obstacles its me they will be sueing as the organiser so for the sake of my perosnal well being I would rather have it than not
I too would have thought it was covered by venue but they say not unless its something of theirs that causes the issue

@ginny that about sums up what I was told . I had a quick scout on the net quote i got was £80-£100 which if an organised club was paying thats fine but as I am paying I want to get it down as cheap as possible especilly as its for one day only

·
Registered
204 Posts
Deks - sometimes your own house insurance includes public liability and they will extend it for a special event (that's what we advise people hiring our hall). You'll need to be very clear about what activities will/won't be taking place so that they can assess the risk.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Didn't realise you'd booked it as a 'rally'! In that case yes you will need it. If everyone had turned up individually then it would have been a different story. I'll contact a few of our members and get some quotes for you x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SueM said:
Didn't realise you'd booked it as a 'rally'! In that case yes you will need it. If everyone had turned up individually then it would have been a different story. I'll contact a few of our members and get some quotes for you x
thanks Sue yes thats what gaydon sau=id if it was a group booking just park then fine but as its booked as a rally we have to better safe than sorry

·
Registered
286 Posts
Got a few feelers out for you. One of our guys said you may need RTA insurance too but I'll clarify that with the others. Luckily I'm in the office all day today so can get on to it for you!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Right here we go. Get on the biba website http://biba.org.uk/They are the British Insurance Brokers Association. You'll be able to put your postcode in and find one of their brokers in your area. Our guy here says they are your best bet as they arrange cover for a few hours etc and will get you the best price. He feels that you should not need to pay any more than about £40 or even less as there will be less than 50 people. They can also advise about the Road Traffic Act but, again, Rick is 99% sure you won't need to get involved with that. Hope that helps! Sue x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sue thats excellent as for numbers I am hopeful of nearer 100 plus it will be open to the public
and their are other meets on at the same time
I will go look now thank you for your help

quote I got was for £76 for £1m of cover

·
Registered
286 Posts
You're welcome. If I wasn't in Turkey on that date I'd be there with my lovely Red Juke!! Can't wait to see all the photos though................well, the ones that can be posted of course

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
might have to increase ticket price people to cover the cost of this as its coming in at atleast £76

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
have to add I have been in touch with Gaydon they want £2m cover which is £112 still not a lot between us all.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Are you sure you'll get the numbers. Doesn't seem a lot of forum members coming forward to say they are coming. Have you made a list of those that said they will ? I didn't realise members of the public were allowed. Does that mean we'll have to issue tickets and Marshall the parking for most of the day ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is the public a problem remember a dealer is going to be present I presume in dealer mode as opposed to owner mode so they will want get at people
as far as I am aware we only have to marshall cars parking. I have no problem with public walking around it may be good for the club
No I am not certain of the numbers I may end up taking a bit hit but we wouldnt have been here had I not took the gamble lifes a risk I reckon enough members will show to cover the costs or as near as
I asked for ideas got a few and what I booked was what I thought offered us the best deal package its a learning curve it can only improve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts