Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm Simon, 20 from Ipswich UK.

I currently drive a Renault Clio 1.4 and am looking to get a Juke as my company car. I'm a keen member on Cliosport.net forum so hoping this forum offers the same helpful advice/banter.

What is the spec like on the Juke?
What aftermarket parts are available?
What's it like to drive?

I have a test drive booked in for Thursday so am looking forward to that and will have a trawl through here.

Looking to get an arctic white one and then do the wheels gloss black with a gloss black spoiler :)

Regards,
Simon

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club.

As for your questions, it's quite simple, Simon.( groan
)

You'll love driving the Juke,and you've picked the right colour.

Look around the forum especially in the tech section and you'll find a lot of people have purchased extras.
If you put a black spoiler on a white Juke you'll be instant friends with one of the senior members, MB (Meaga-Byte), though he's only a youngster like yourself.

He's from south Africa and putting black things on his white Juke is the closest he can get to making it look like a zebra. He also has crocodile skin seat covers and a pair of Giraffe testicles dangling from his rear view mirror. He's a sort of modern day "Daktari", but we love him nonetheless.

As for Specs, if you want all the toys go for the Acenta premium or the Tekna. The former gives you a better set of alloys, reversing camera, sat nav etc and the latter, leather seats, keyless entry and a bigger drain on your finances.

You'll find the same help and friendly banter on here as your Clio club, only you have to search for it amongst all the chaos and madness.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
JOY, wondered what the smell was in MBs car at the weekend, the giraffe testicles must have been fresh.

Welcome Simon
K

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, got my test drive tommorow so hoping to be impressed by the digt.

Still not so sure on the front end though :L

·
Registered
42 Posts
not sure on the front end, well if ever there was an obstacle to overcome...After an hour of it sitting on your drive and seeing it with all three sets of lights on, you will LOVE it.
Are you driving the cvt or manual dig-t?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive heard that, 'I love my new CVT gearbox, it just feels so good when your ing it'

To quote someone i cant remember, '2 pedals your travelling, 3 pedals your driving'

·
Registered
912 Posts
What's wrong with the front end? It's quirky! It's the only Frog Eyed Moon Buggy on the planet. Remember the first Datsun Cherry (very similar).Wait till you have a drive in it, you will be well and truly hooked, especially when you slip it into Sports Mode. The only downside to having the DigT is the fuel comsumption which is not what you call economical, but if its Umph you want, then this is the model to go for, but have the manual box. The more you look at the Juke, the more you will love it. I'ts different andit's selling like hot cakes.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I wouldnt go down the route of fuel consumption similar journeys last week between my Diesel and 2 DIG-T to Orton and they returned very similar mpg to my 42 miles per gallon over a 150 mile journey

·
Registered
912 Posts
deks36 said:
I wouldnt go down the route of fuel consumption similar journeys last week between my Diesel and 2 DIG-T to Orton and they returned very similar mpg to my 42 miles per gallon over a 150 mile journey

MY Diesel deks??? Youv'e been telling Porkies, you said it was your wife Juke cos you own a 206.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow what a fantastic drive!
The acceleration is brilliant one moment 30 the next 80.
Bit of torque steer but its a fwd.
Really tempted to go for the tekna now :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
I said you'd be hooked after a test drive. You'll soon get used to its funky looks, it's a real head turner at the moment, as there are not that many on the road yet.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Simon. said:
Wow what a fantastic drive!
The acceleration is brilliant one moment 30 the next 80. 
Bit of torque steer but its a fwd.
Really tempted to go for the tekna now :D
and after 80 it keeps on going,if its fun you are looking for,go for the can you dig it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Go for it, we have loads of fun in Hiro, people aren't expecting it to go so quickly, certainly as much fun as my Renaultsport twingo, but much more comfortable!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm coming around to the looks. Really want a white one with black wheels.

Only one left with my dealer and delivery is 29th Sept.

Just need to find a guarantor for the finance as my parents are being funny about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
what finance route are you going down, HP or PCP?

If its PCP, your parents need not worry as you can just say 'if i dont meet the payments, you can just send the car back to the finance company' meaning you wont have a car, obviously something you dont want to do. that way they may think its a safer option?

worth a shot

1 - 20 of 82 Posts