Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My first post, so be gentle!... I'm *this* close to ordering a Juke (Tekna 1.6DigT Manual). I haven't had the chance for a test drive (yet) and was wondering what cars people are moving from. I currently drive a Civic Type-R... anyone else made making the move to a Juke from a Type-R? Any comments on the differences in performance?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
IV GONE FROM A WHITE SUZUKI SWIFT TO A WHITE JUKE . I DO HAVE A THING FOR WHITE CARS BUT I THINK THE JUKES LOOK EXTRA SPECIAL IN WHITE!!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
thin black juke said:
Thanks for the link... sorry I didn't spot that post...classic newbie error
Hey thin black juke no worries, we're all a friendly bunch here! I've only driven a CTR once and that was a LONG time ago, I've also only driven the 1.6 N/A Juke but the car's are both wildly different!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Wildly different" sums the Juke up nicely!

I've yet to get a test drive, but there are a few comments about 'notchy' gears... I have to say that the couple I've sat in did seem a little 'less than fluid' when I had a play with the gearshift.

I'm not your typical Type-R race-boy and have never really felt at home in the Type-R. Just for the record my two favourite cars to were a Mazda RX-8 (but I was getting to know the guys and girls at Texaco a little too well!) and my old 1971 VW Type 2 (I came close to crying when it was time for it to go to the crusher!). So maybe the Juke is half-way between these two ?!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
That's interesting thin black Juke, I was so close to putting down deposit for a 6,000 miler 59' RX-8 just a couple of months back until I realise that whilst it was cheaper to buy (only £13,000) it'd cost nearly triple the amount to run which we just couldn't afford ;)

I assume your visits to Texaco were for oil as well as petrol ;) I'm jealous you've owned one tho, it'd be nigh on impossible to own one now days due to the cost of fuel!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RX-8 was a heavy-drinker of petrol, and didn't get anywhere close to the published mpg's (at least for me - even when trying hard to be economical with it). That's why I had to say goodbye to the 8. I was a founder member of the RX-8 Owners Club for what its worth... I pre-ordered before any 'landed'.

Oil consumption is an odd one... there seems to be this myth that it gulps down oil. Mine never did (and I've had two RX-8's). Yes it does use some... but we are talking very small amounts. Oil is injected into the chamber to lubricate the tips of the rotors so it SHOULD be using some oil.

There was also a 'cold-restart' issue.. again it never affected either of mine. Seemingly if you go for a ride but the car doesn't get fully up to temperature, then you re-start for a second journey there have been reports of problems. This seemed to occur in cars that were doing very short stop-start journeys. Trouble is that once it refused to start, it was a dealer-job to get the car sorted! I hear that this is not an issue any longer though.

If I had the money to keep it fed with gasoline, I'd certainly consider another RX-8. But personally it's a case of 'been there, done that, got the Owners Club T-Shirt, and can't justify the expense any longer! From a driving point of view, the RX-8 is beautifully balanced... I've never felt as 'trusting' of a car in my life. I don't think I'll ever own a car as 'poised' unless I come into some serious money!! I'd better not harp on any longer about it on a Juke forum though!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Doh, I had meant to reply to this sooner but seemed the topic got lost in the depths of page 2! :)

Founding member of the rx8oc, that is pretty cool, and here you are at the start of the Juke OC too ;) and consider the oil myth busted then, I had always heard that they used alot of oil!

If you have any to hand, would be nice to see a pic of your '8. I was always partial to the mica blue (think that was the colour, the bright one) with the mazspeed kit.

I test drove two '8s and really enjoyed both of them, but each time just couldn't bring myself to live with the running costs. I like the idea of the suicide doors but not sure how practical they are in the real world, i.e. car parks. especially if you have a daughter who likes to go everywhere with you ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure you could find some 8 owners who got through more oil than I did, but it certainly wasn't an issue for most owners.

My first 8 was indeed the blue mica... one of the first in the country apparently, and I spent many hours keeping her shiny! The second was the darker metallic blue (almost a purply tinge) but I can't remember the name... I'll see if I can find some pics for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts