Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, the power socket in the Juke gets turned off when the ignition is off. Does anyone know if there is a way to change it so it is on all the time, for charging devices when away etc?

Also, I'd quite like to get a power wire (micro USB) built into my dashboard if I can which links up to my phone cradle, so I can have power supplied to my phone when it is in there without trailing wires all the way to the power socket - again, always on rather than only on when the car is on. I'm guessing this isn't an easy thing to do - probably taking the dashboard off etc - but does anyone know how possible/easy this would be generally?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking just a wire coming out a small hole in the dashboard, no need for an extra socket really.

·
Registered
142 Posts
easier still just pop an inline cigar lighter socket behind the dash and plug your charger in, I'm sure you could feed the cable between a couple of dash panels, probably by the radio.
dunno where the fuse box is but its likely in the glove box, you can take a low ampage feed from there
Edited by: simps

·
Registered
443 Posts
Don't go into the fuse box .its likely to be an Ipdm.its better to take a fused supply from the battery.

·
Registered
443 Posts
And no worries re warranty .
You don't really want to cut the blue instead of the. Red .
I'd your happy to you can do a re route but the relay is part of the ipdm and its handy to have a switched live for some devices like a cool box.
I have a one non switched in my x trail under the l h f seat .but it uses the live for the caravan lights feed from the battery .

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have my phone cradle to the right of the steering wheel rather than anywhere near the centre console, but I'm tempted to try and wire in a USB panel mounted socket somewhere up there...its a case of working out how to plug it in to the car electrics more than fitting the plug itself. This still sounds like removing the dashboard as well which can't be an easy job!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well you can get the wire in by probably poking it between the dash and side moldings as there some give,But its best to remove the trims,Your need a decent trim tool remover and don,t do it when the plastics cold.
Theres a knack to getting trims of without breaking or marking them so be gentile but firm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just be careful you don't leave your accessories on for too long or you'll be jump starting the car in the morning..!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts