Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ten days for a first class A4 size envelope from Exeter to Sheffield, they're taking the p1ss; now the postal rates are going up, AGAIN

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
acrorat said:
Ten days for a first class A4 size envelope from Exeter to Sheffield, they're taking the p1ss; now the postal rates are going up, AGAIN
Was there a date on the postmark ? Somebody telling you something is in the post is one of the oldest excuses in the book. Plus, a lot of mail is picked up by these cherry picking companies and eventually passed onto Royal mail for the unprofitable final delivery so god knows how long it's been in the chain. I know people moan about the prices going up but it's still one of, if not the cheapest, rates in Europe. I think it's all good value when you think what goes into getting a letter from A to B. I should work for Royal mail, shouldn't I ? Oh, hang on a mo, I do.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) The Brat posted it, from Exeter, before leaving for Sweden, but neglected to get a COP.
2) The University of Sheffield received it, the day after they emailed her (9 days after she had posted it) to ask when they might expect it.

It's the erratic nature of the service that grinds most people. Ten days for first class very important documents, next day for second class junk mail.

Local services here are very good, my postwoman is a treasure, the post office is family run and very much appreciated.
Edited by: acrorat

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I back up what JOY says in general but that said the delivery in this area is appallijng these days christmas cards still being delivered end of January. As JOY know I was a postman for 15 years I know what they go through so please dont blame them they are the bottom of the chain and its useless no nothing managers making changes that just will never work oh and the private companies cherry picking the good bits of the business and then dumping the crap on Royal Mail to deliver at a loss

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
acrorat said:
1) The Brat posted it, from Exeter, before leaving for Sweden, but neglected to get a COP.
2) The University of Sheffield received it, the day after they emailed her (9 days after she had posted it) to ask when they might expect it.

It's the erratic nature of the service that grinds most people. Ten days for first class very important documents, next day for second class junk mail.

Local services here are very good, my postwoman is a treasure, the post office is family run and very much appreciated.
Where the **** has it been for 9 days ? Not always ,but usually, there is a very good reason. Not enough postage on item, no post code, etc.
Your right about junk mail. Royal mail now want to deliver up to 10 pieces of it each week to every household. It's a money spinner for them. They love it. They seem to attach more importance to it than regular mail nowadays.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exeter Main Post Office, measured, weighed, stamped and addressed properly.

It was the Brat's MSc Application supporting documentation, including sealed references from two tutors, irreplaceable in the timescale, hence the angst. Edited by: acrorat

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
In that case I reckon it may have been mis delivered with someone else's mail or had actually been delivered correctly but being a large place it was actually somewhere at the Uni all along. It would have left Exeter overnight to Sheffield. It won't have sat in Sheffield mail centre for 8 days. It will have been delivered somewhere, if only to the wrong place.

·
Registered
489 Posts
@acrorat - they closed our village post office now have to travel 5 miles to the next P.O. just not the same and do not receive the customer service I used to

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
withoutwax said:
@acrorat - they closed our village post office now have to travel 5 miles to the next P.O. just not the same and do not receive the customer service I used to
be careful it all comes under royal mail but the post office is run seperately and independantly from Royal Mail, village closures are a hot topic but Post Office doesnt care about service anymore its all about making money

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You're right Deks. Householders don't count anymore. The customers that matter to them are the businesses that post. To posties, the householder is the customer. Money is what it's all about. It wont be long before we'll be delivering till 5pm after starting at 9am.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts