Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originaly ordered a Juke Acenta on 5th October and was told first week of December for delivery. The more i thought about it the more I thought I should have got the premium, so on 12th October I went to the dealer, as i walked in he said ahh good news your Juke will be here on Friday, I said to him that I wanted to change the order and get the premium, he said ohh ok no problem I'll cancel your original order and do a new one, this he did and I signed. Today I get a letter with the reg and vin number of asking me to confirm details my Name and address, on the letter its got date of first registration 11 October and duty paid £125 this is obviously for the original Acenta I ordered. Ive tried phoning the dealer but cant get through. Is this going to now cause a problem can they now say I changed my mind to late as original car has been registered to me even though ive signed all the paper work for the new premium one ??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dealers problem if you ask me, they shouldn't apply for V5 with out a car present, although i would make certain i got in contact with them today, only concern for you is have they upgraded your order as requested if not your in for a fair delay good luck sorting it
it's probably a admin error and is stressing you for no reason

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
754 Posts
My father was in the trade years ago. This sort of thing was never a problem then, so unless things have changed, it is straightforward for the DVLA to unregister a car.
It happens frequently when someone orders a car and then on collection day own up to the fact that they couldn't get the finance sorted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reassurance guys, Im breathing i sigh of relief. Im still trying to contact them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think the letter is only a preliminary thing anyway - the one I got told me not to rely on the registration number as it might change so I assume they can undo whatever admin has been done so far. The letter was probably already in the system when you changed the order. Definitely get in touch with them today though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just mamaged to get through to the dealer head office in Romford,The lady I sopke to asked what branch I bought the car from and said no problem i'll update our system.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fontie said:
Just mamaged to get through to the dealer head office in Romford,The lady I sopke to asked what branch I bought the car from and said no problem i'll update our system.

I'd still want to talk to the saleman that sold me the car too make sure i was getting what I ordered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts