Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Well I still have the big grin on my face, even though hubby pinched Daisy for work today! But weve found a problem & wondered if anyone else out there has it?If we switch the lights to automatic then the lights are permanently on all the time & the dash lights & reversing camera go dark, so dark you cant see them. Same with the automatic wipers. If we switch them to automatic the wipers are on constant. Weve looked in the book & they are simular to hubbys QQ so were pretty sure its not us being daft, well ok it could be I do have some serious dafter moments! I phoned our dealer & he gave me the garages number, hubby called & its booked in for next week & a courtesy car has been allocated for the day, but they might have to keep it overnight as theyre not sure what to do & might have to call Nissan as its new to them,which to be fair I can totally understand.Well I just thought i'd throw it out there & see if its something common, or just us!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cant say if you have a problem or not but the dash lights will go dim when the lights are on
no way round that its how the system works. Are you sure you are doing the auto lights correctly I am sure I have read this before, see being a paulper like I am i dont have the auot lights

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
You can amend the sensitivity of the auto lights in the settings, then they will not come on until needed. Try this and see.

Kxx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi both, Weve followed the manual but it makes no difference. Thanks Kats, weve changed the sensitivity, both ways just in case & its not done anything. The lights come on be it bright sunshine or a dull day, which, yep Deks youre right, then dims the dash lights. Its just you wouldnt expect the lights to be on full in the bright sunshine that were having during the day. With the wipersyou switch to automatic & they are permaneltly wiping the screen again & we havent had any rain yet. Hubby told the garage everything weve tried & they couldnt think of anything else it could be.Dont worry Deks it was hubby thats tried all the switches & gadgets, im used to turn the key & go in my old Xtrail. No heated seats, decent heaters or gadgets in there, lol!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sally - I dont know if this will help but I had exactly the same problem in my Renault Megane (new shape) - they said it was a faulty sensor on the auto dimming mirror (the actual problem was a faulty wiring loom though - needed rewired)i hope though that this isnt your problem though, might just be a wee fuse or somethingGood luck - its horrible when things dont go rightFee x

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers deks, you might have a point there, i'll get hubby to check for me, i'm not tall enough
Thats one thing we havent looked at or thought about.Cheers Fee, I hadnt thought about the mirror inside with its dimming thingy, hopefully its something simple. The dealers having her in next week, touch wood theyve been very helpful. Its just annoying, but hey ho at least ive got her! x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
SallySpud, you dont have an auto dimming mirror :D
Well as far as im aware we dont.
I sometimes have the auto wipers do their own thing for a short time
when i have a spec of dirt or dust on the windscreen and it thinks its rain :/

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Kats said:
You can amend the sensitivity of the auto lights in the settings, then they will not come on until needed. Try this and see.

Kxx
I agree with Kats, mine did the same until I altered the settings for both the exterior light sensitivity and the dash brightness.... Been ok since.

Lj

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, a daft moment! Ive only driven it once at night, butthe mirrorwas dark. Hubby has it on his QQ & its one feature I hate, soI presumed that it had it . Maybe its because of the privacy glass in the back made it seem darker in the car at night. Ive never had privacy glass before. As for the wipers, hubbys got those. They do go off with a bright light, a speck of dustor a dead fly when they get confused & scare the life out of you as they scrape accross the screen, but this is constant, no matter what light,day or night, they are on veryfast & dont stop till you turn them back off.Hubbys checked the headlight sensors & theres nothing over them, worse luck, that would have been so much easier!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lady juke said:
Kats said:

Kxx

I agree with Kats, mine did the same until I altered the settings for both the exterior light sensitivity and the dash brightness.... Been ok since.

Lj
Thanks Lj, were going to have another play tomorrow, but we sat in the car for about an hour changing all the settings for the brightness & sensitivity & everytime the lights still came on in daylight. At least the garage are going to have a look, if its somethingsilly then we'll feel daft, but at least it will get sorted I suppose. Its just so annoying when you fiddle & change all the nobs going & it still doesnt work, it makes you feel like a right plank!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well Daisys at the garage today, I feel like an expectant mom! How silly! I will let you know when we get her back, it might not be today, boo hiss!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Ive just spoke to the garage & there are a lot of scratching of heads going on! There is a fault with the headlights & wipers, its a new fault,noone has come across it before & Nissanare involved with it too. There are some phone calls going back & forth but noone seems to know what to do as of yet. I'll keep you all posted, over & out for now!

Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Ive got Daisy back & the fault, drum roll please....... A transit fuse! It hadnt been removed on the PDI check, so it stopped some of the electrics from working, so if you have this problem its worth getting them to check this fuse!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Sallys pud. (Treacle) This info could be useful to other forum members. Glad it was a simple solution in the end.

·
Registered
998 Posts
sallyspud said:
Well, Ive got Daisy back & the fault, drum roll please....... A transit fuse! It hadnt been removed on the PDI check, so it stopped some of the electrics from working, so if you have this problem its worth getting them to check this fuse!
Why? fit a Transit fuse in a Juke !. T

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
trachycarpus said:
sallyspud said:
Why? fit a Transit fuse in a Juke !. T
Propbably due to the fact it was in transit all the way from Japan to the UK

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JUKEOFYORK said:
Thanks for the heads up Sallys pud. (Treacle) This info could be useful to other forum members. Glad it was a simple solution in the end.
Cheers, me too. I was worried it would be faulty wiring, or something major & the car wouldnt be the same again.

·
Registered
484 Posts
</font>Transit
fuses I can understand, but why Transit paint when 2wd are built in Sunderland?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

·
Registered
998 Posts
Transit fuses ? still don't understand , why? do Nissan get fuses from Fords can't they make their own. T

1 - 20 of 21 Posts