Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its because I drove a smaller car before, but does anyone agree with me that the giant wing mirrors restrict visibility? I love my new juke but I have to say that when coming out of junctions I really seem to struggle to see around the mirrors and the bar at the side of the windscreen. I presume I will adjust to the new car quick enough, but just hope I dont crash before then!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Bean

Cant say i have noticed the mirrors being an obstruction but the front pillars are a bit tricky to get used to as they are quite wide.

The mirrors on my previous Qashqais were bigger - perhaps thats how I dont notice them

YOu will get used to it....promise!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've not had the mirrors present a problem as I'm not normally trying to look 'through' them. In any case, a quick movement of a the head to see round them doesn't take long if it really is blocking something important. I really like the big wing mirrors - they provide excellent visibility for lane changes etc!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
No problem with visibilty here either in fact I am glad of the large mirrors as it gives excellent rear vision for manouvres etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok Bean,I agree with you.

When I first started driving the Juke I noticed that I was having to lean forward,
sit up or generally strain to peer round the mirror at junctions.

Especially at roundabouts (and left's face it Milton Keynes has plenty of them).
Darned thing was right in my line of sight for traffic coming from the right.

And I didn't come to it from a smaller car but from an X-trail.

Now I'm either used to peering and don't notice any more,
or I'm learing to "see past it".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks siemarque.........................was beginning to think I was going mad then!!! I couldn't believe noone else had noticed. I am sure I will get used to it. Oh how I love my new juke!!!!!!!!!!x

·
Registered
247 Posts
I did notice they were huge during my test drive... but they didn't seem to obscure much. Might have to be wary of the extra blind spot when I get mine though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ildi, I am not the most confident in new cars. I have driven lots of small cars and my last 2 were a matiz and a modus. The Juke is easy peasy (although I doubt I can park it!!!) it is actually not that big. Iw was so worried about driving it but I am enjoying so much at the moment. You will be fine. I hope it arrives soon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, The only way I can park my husbands car is using the mirrors and the parking sensor. I wont drive his on the motorway. I do agree with the 206cc I was always better at reversing it into spaces rather than driving in. Fingers crossed. I have asked my daughters when it arrives to pick to car up and bring it home for me but they laugh.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will blissfully ignore the front pillars when I get my Juke, at the moment I drive a 307CC and they are a nightmare, bad enough to have had a couple of near misses with cyclists and on some bends I have to drive with my head above the armrest

·
Registered
796 Posts
my Qashqai's are enormous. They are really big, and when I get into my Roadster the size difference is quite a culture shock initially. Size does matter when it comes to this issue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts