Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having never had a brand new car - just a quick question - when I do get my Juke - how long before you give it a coat of polish or don't you? May be a daft question but wanted to know.....

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
polish when you like should be fine for a few months anyway, best to give it a good coating of wax with something like HD wax aswell

·
Registered
202 Posts
I always polish mine straight away, weather permitting. It also gives you the chance to check for any imperfections in the body work.
When I had my Rover 75 &Nissan Note doing this enabled me to find manufacturing errors on both so it is worthwhile.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got my new Juke yesterday and having read advice on here about how good it is to wax the car - a new bottle of wax as well. Got to keep that red paint looking great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I also agree with Deks, a great believer in Auto Glym products. Resin wax and HD wax gives the same protection as an expensive dealership proccess.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My husband uses showroom shine it's fantastic you don't need to wash the car as it's a 3 in1 cleans, polishes and protects. Spray in on use a microfibre cloth to take off and another microfibre cloth to buff it up, just don't do it on the windscreen, but it's fine on the other glass it'sto do with the wax.Don't know if any of you have seen the demo we brought it off of ideal world. He didn't think it would work but it's does, gets ride of all the buckets and hosepipes! Had tar on our old car and it came off no problem.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'll be giving mine a going over with a glaze, then a sealant then a wax as soon as I get it. I'll be asking the garage to leave the paint work as it is when comes in, as I made the mistake before of the letting the "one Sponge washes all" approach they have at dealers

·
Registered
484 Posts
As difficult as it was to take it off the road, I polished mine the day after I got it. It also gave me the chance to inspect the bodywork for imperfections.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I use turtle wax extra gloss &seal it with collinite wax

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mez said:
I use turtle wax extra gloss & seal it with collinite wax
I think is one of the best on the market (V/Money), I had used it in a bodywork garage before and was perfect ...

You must remember DON'T pay dealer for a "wax super cover" a specialy this anyway is done after car arrived to the dealer branch

·
Registered
247 Posts
My dealer tried selling me the 'supagard' thing (or something that sounded similar) - I was less than convinced that it would be worth the money, or provide more protection than regular washing and waxing.

The only thing that was tempting was the seat cover sealant... but only because my current car seats were stained by water(!)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
the supagard is hilarious. 300 squid for 20 squids worth of product, should be called "suckers"
I love Collinite and Chemical Guys stuff and partial too a little Dodo Juice. Although I have just got some Gtechniq G1 as this stuff is awesome on glass!

·
Registered
659 Posts
The guys at Sainsbury's car park did a good job on the waxing that has lasted a month and still going. Don't know what they use. Don't suppose it's expensive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Has anybody used the snow foam on there cars?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Everytime I wash my car, wouldn't wash a car without it now. When you see how much it shifts you think how much of that stuff would of been rubbed into your paint work. Great stuff and more importantly GREAT FUN!
Edited by: Rocks703

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jayannlay said:
The guys at Sainsbury's car park did a good job on the waxing that has lasted a month and still going. Don't know what they use. Don't suppose it's expensive.
Actually Jay the Sainsbury's car washes are all part of the same company throughout the UK and I know for a fact they use Autosmart products.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Autosmart. Well, it did a good job on mine. Looks better than my neighbours' cars. That I DO know.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks so easy to use. Kids will love it, (as long as not near the car!).
Great pics

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
marmajuke said:
Looks so easy to use. Kids will love it, (as long as not near the car!).
Great pics
Just be prepared for everyman and his dog to ask what it is you are using

1 - 20 of 49 Posts