Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2,100 on the clock and counting.
Pogo has spent the last week sampling the delights of the south-west (pictures to follow).
The car wasn’t exactly clean when we started out, by the end it looked more at home in a field than on a road. Mrs Siemarque says that sort of look on a 4WD car is “cred”, I call it crud.

Ok so the car can’t make the journey from Milton Keynes to Mousehole (pronounced “Mouzle”) on a single tank-full – nowhere near.

After stopping off at Jamaica Inn on the way down we finally came to the end of the trek heading along the coast road to what is the last village on the underside of the “toe” of Cornwall. Just about as far as you can go in this country without getting very wet – and what was the car-but-one in front? Another red Juke! Couldn’t get to them though, they turned off into a barrier-controlled car-park next to our hotel. By the time I could get to look for them they had disappeared.

Car acquitted itself well in what has to be the most outrageously sloping (and cramped) car-park I know of.

We aren’t exactly known for travelling light (used to fill the old X-trail up regularly) but with a bit of restraint there was room to spare in the new car.

The week was spent darting about the “foot” of Cornwall becoming ever more impressed with the vehicle and increasingly concerned about the sat-nav. The x-trail also had a Nissan sat-nav but that one knew to avoid town centres – this one seems drawn to them! It took us on a convoluted rollercoaster ride around the one-way alleys and quaint back-streets of St Ives instead of just heading out of town the way we came in. It clearly doesn’t use the same principles as the previous device. Set for “fastest” route it would calculate and show an ETA – if we then ignored it’s directions it would recalculate the route and come up with an earlier ETA – why could it not have plotted that revised route in the first place?

The long-haul journeys there and returning did show up one issue however, the lack of a reach adjustment of the steering wheel meant that my shoulders were slightly hunched forward. No problem in normal driving but on a longer drive I started to get real back problems. No adjustable lumber support either. If I sit any further forward I can’t raise my foot off the pedals easily.

All in all though the car is definitely more fun to drive than it’s predecessor, and a lot better on extreme inclines and turns. I’ve been trying to test the torque vectoring which means powering through tight bends. A bit unnerving but so far it’s stuck to the ground like little limpet.

Diesel mileage may improve over time but so far this petrol car still behaves is though there is a hole in the tank.

Happy days.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lol - agree about the petrol, Hiro has taken myself and my boys to my Ma and Pa's near St David's, and on our way we had to fill up! I do have to admit I was gunning it and the cruise control was set with the numbers 9 & 5 on it(naughty I know), the mpg said it was 24.5, we have 850 miles on the clock, so maybe it'll get better but I doubt it as I'll then be able to go over 4000 revs! Lol

I have to admit I found Hiro dead comfortable to drive(much the same as Howie our Vogue), honestly it was great, I really wasn't expecting that. Plus he coped really well with luggage - two scooters, wellies, wet gear, bag of food and two large holdalls!

People were looking at the car as we travelled the length of the M4 and onwards, but I didn't see another Juke! Out and about yesterday, and had my dad trying to spot a Juke, he got upset when all he kept seeing were Nissan Q's!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Cornwall, eh? Well, I suppose someone has to go there...

Shame about Cornwall but at least you have a great car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts