Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just to depress myself even more ive been looking on various websites and found a few based in america, nearly every website had 10 or more brand new Juke CVT's ready to buy there and then yet ive got to wait another 5 months for mine, just doesnt seem fair

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well as I ve said before America is an emerging market for Nissan they are not very big their and will do what ever it takes to get a foothold in the U.S even if it means up setting most of Europe which would appear to be whats happening.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I feel your pain Jenkins, I feel your pain.

We'll have to see who gets theirs first me or you! Youve got an advantage over me though if youre beg May, mines 20th! The race is on

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol sally, your right the race is on
, mind you i'm saying the beginning of may they haven't yet given me a date so gawd knows when it will be, spoke to a woman at nissan on xmas eve who was looking into things for me so will see if i get a call back, i know a couple of people who have ordered exactly the same as me and have been given march dates, so i dont understand how when i ordered 2 months ago there getting delivery dates for 2 months before me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Perhaps they havent been told yet? We ordered ours 20th Oct & were told Jan, Then March, Now May. I think if you dont push they wont tell you!

Im just concerned it will slip further back, but they are all hopeful it will be before.

Fingers crossed for both of us, it will be interesting to see what customer services say to you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes keeping fingers and toes crossed, will let you know what they have to say, the lady wasn't back in until Tuesday this week so will give her a couple of days then i'll be in contact with them again Thursday/Friday ifI haven't heard anything, quite pleasedI have this forum to read though, if it hadn't of been for people on hereI wouldn't of bothered contacting the dealer and would of been expecting it in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I'm in the U.S. and I think you are right.It looks like theCVT models are more available here. I haven't sceen but 2 or 3 manual models. But I have been trying to purchase a CVT SL Model in GunMetal Gray since October and they can't find me one. Finally my dealer was able to talk another dealer out of one that was to be shipped to them. My delivery date was December 31st - but no call from my dealer yet. I'm hoping for the first week in Jan. now.Almost all the JUKE CVT modelsavailable here are in the S (lowermodel) and SV (mid model) but hardly any SL(top model). But I think that Nissan should have made all the models equally available for all countries. And actually I really don't think they will sell that well here in the U.S. anyway. I personally love the JUKE's odd and unique styling. I don't want to look like everyone else on the road. But I've read a lot of negative comments about the JUKE's styling and mostly coming from the U.S. so Nissan probably could have shipped more to the other countries and less to the U.S. But who knows - the JUKE's sales may really take off and surprise everyone here in the U.S.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

I know I posted this months ago but am going to repeat what my dealerhad been toldmonths ago

They simply cant get enough CVTs for the Chinese and US markets - they have sidelined all the UK ones for the other foreign markets... simply not fair... and simply not good enough to reat the home market with such contempt

Fee x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, it's like this for us for VW.

First, they offer far less here than in Europe (we still don't have the Polo or the Sirocco, for exampe), they only allot a very few number of unit to us, so it's impossible to get certain models.

They really are hardly trying here, and it shows!

Don't forget all our Jukes are made in Japan (I think). Well, mine is anyway. Perhaps the UK plant is up to capacity, but the Japanese ones are not?

?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nearly everyone's initial gut reaction to the Juke was bad, even in the UK, but in person, it's another story. Everyone seems to love it.

I think the Juke is selling well beyond expectation in the USA, even though or despite the Juke not even having been designed primarily for the USA market. It's so new, it's difficult to ascertain what will be. Few have even heard of it, but I did see one sales figure for November here, and it was over 3000 units, which is phenomenal. They're out there!

I think the Juke will do very well for Nissan ... even in the USA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
8600 Jukes sold in USA in only 2 months of availability. Hardly a dud!

Still, few have ever heard of it, let alone seen one.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As an American I can understand why they would send more CVTs to us. The manual transmission is only popular among true car enthusiasts here and very few people even know how to drive a car with a manual transmission. They wouldn't be able to sell them without automatics of some sort. Sad but true.

Also, Nissan enjoys a certain amount of favor from our most trusted independent consumer product testing organizations for the CVT technology. It is seen as more environmentally conscious and modern technology.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I read about how you picked up your car in the other thread, ****. Of all the future Juke owners patiently waiting for their Jukes, I felt most sympathy for you. You seemed really excited to have it. I bet you were like a kid on Christmas morning! Congrats!

·
Registered
345 Posts
deks36 said:
well as I ve said before America is an emerging market for Nissan they are not very big their and will do what ever it takes to get a foothold in the U.S even if it means up setting most of Europe which would appear to be whats happening.
? I think NIssan is like way bigger in the US then in Eurpoe, sales for Nissan are doing much better then Europe. As an Japanese manufature is is difficult to be in the european market.
If you just look simpel to the amount of nissan model they got an we got, I think you might think diffrent.

I wish we had sales like the us in europe for nissan, that would make have more nissan on the roadand more accepted instead of VW, Vauxhalls and Ford

And the reason why there are much more cvt's in theUS comparred to here is that driving a stick/manual in the sates is not common. Like most of the people drive autotranny's

·
Registered
796 Posts
I sent an e mail to my dealer here in Southern Germany concerning delivery of my Tekna 4x4.

I expect that there is a delay and there is nothing we can do about it.

We can all write or e mail the Nissan Customer Relations Department, but what good will that do?

I received an e mail today saying that delivery is expected in JUne. Im not happy about that at all!

·
Registered
561 Posts
sorry to hear that...

I hope they can move the date forwards for you, i always tought the delay was that big in UK because the steering wheel is on the right side( the same as in Japan where the juke is an hype). But now it seems that the left steering wheelers have the same problems.

grtz,

Dirk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts