Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to say that I picked my new 1.6 CVT Juke in Haptic Blue today.
Love it already even though I have been a total prat on a couple of occasions. Stood outside trying to lock the car, opening and closing doors trying to find which one was open as the error beeps kept on coming.
Finally after a long time remember that the spare key was in my bag on the back seat

Also shut the dog in the boot and said to my wife how dark the rear glass was as you couldn't see him. No wonder you couldn't bloody see him he was under the parcel shelf

The blue is a lot darker than I thought it would be but looks just great. Waiting for the sun to come out to see how much it changes in bright light.
It's now time to read the owner manuals (two of them) from cover to cover and try to avoid further embarrassment.
Don
Edited by: Lector

·
Registered
540 Posts
Now remember to get the dog from the car BEFORE you start reading the manuals...
Sounds good though. So how does the intelligent key work. I never bothered asking before even though I've got a Tekna ordered.
Ta,

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ha! Yep, another one who left the spare Intelli-Key in the car and the car went doo-lally!

That's at least 3 of us.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Guys, on YouTube is a film titled Nissan juke walkabout, it's 8 mins long and shows all the gadgets and how they work.
Watched it many times before I picked mine up.

Enjoy your car fella

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Loved your post Lector - had a good chuckle....

Glad you have taken possession but sad for your mutt.......

I hope you continue to have many more years of fun and laughs.. oh yes and embarrassment

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as the key is in your pocket close to the car the doors will lock/unlock by just pressing a small button on the front doors.
Same for starting the car.
Clever bit of kit if you remember to take the spare out of the car!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Lector - glad to see youre enjoying your new car so much - I saw a blue one at the weekend and it looked the bee's knees - you'll be very happy to see the true colour if the sun ever comes out .....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
24 hour impression. I love this little car, very comfortable, especially as I have now found out how to turn off the heated leather seats.The Nissan connect system is very good and very easy to use. Using my Ipod is an absolute doddle.My wife fell hook line and sinker for an adhesive scratch stuck to the front bumper and even saw the funny side of it when I told her the truth.

Edited by: Lector

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Lector, congratulations. Glad the haptic blue looks good.

Did you take the dog guard as an option with the car? If so does it cover the full area above the seats (ie. no spaces for the dog to attempt to scramble through at either side?) Also what size of dog have you managed to fit in there? I'm guessing he's relatively small if you fitted him under the parcel shelf!

Adam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lady juke said:
Guys, on YouTube is a film titled Nissan juke walkabout, it's 8 mins long and shows all the gadgets and how they work.
Watched it many times before I picked mine up.

Enjoy your car fella
You're right, the Juke walkabout video on youtube is excellent. Much better than the information available on the Nissan site itself. There's also a good review from Autocar on youtube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Adam, I did take the dog guard and it fits closely between the seats and the roof with a full enclosed surround and 1 inch grill. It's connected by screw clamps.
There is no gap anywhere for a dog to get through.
Sid is a border Terrier and is actually quite big for his breed but is still a smallish dog standing about 18" high.
He fits easily with plenty of room to be nosy, especially with the quite high rear boot level.
Don

·
Registered
277 Posts
Lector said:
Hi Adam, I did take the dog guard and it fits closely between the seats and the roof with a full enclosed surround and 1 inch grill. It's connected by screw clamps.

There is no gap anywhere for a dog to get through.

Sid is a border Terrier and is actually quite big for his breed but is still a smallish dog standing about 18" high.

He fits easily with plenty of room to be nosy, especially with the quite high rear boot level.

Don
Good to know, as I ordered a dog guard but was unsure how it's fixed, and was not ready to take it if I had to drill any holes.
Now my second query is, that after I have seen the boot, this looks quitetight as an area. Not the boot itself, as there is plenty of room, but the opening where the shelf sits seems pretty small.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I got told off for making to much noise laughing at the poor dog in the boot saga - it was worth it - hilarious!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts