Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last we picked her up on New Years Eve after ordering 12th October.

I am really pleased and yesterday I set aside the obligatory hour to sit in the car and go through the manual.

I found pairing my phone and getting my Ipod Touch to work really easy.

One thing I can't seem to sort is the redial using the phone button on the steering wheel.

It says something like "to redial the last outgoing number press and hold the phone button for more than 2 seconds"

I know that button works because if I have a phone number highlighted on the display and press it it dials the number.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link

My Nokia 5530 is there and compatible...guess I will have to live without this function

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
796 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I drive a Qashqai, and I use a BlackBerry Storm1. The connectivity between the phone and car is brilliant.

Im assuming and hoping that the car system in the Juke is similar if not the same as the Qashqai's.

For redial (in the Qashqai) All I have to to is press the phone button briefly and the display shows "redial"? Then another press, and the system will redial the last number.

Then one day I found a really cool feature quite by accident.

You have to understand that Im an ex British pat living in the Bavarian Alps. I can speak the language but reading a car manual is a no no.

So, there I am in this big beautiful white Qashqai and I was in a traffic jam on the Autobah. I stretched as you do sometimes and accidentally pressed the phone button on the steering wheel. What happened next blew me away. The car asked me, through my phone what I wanted to do.

So that means with Blackberry, the voice command option is active when connected to the Qashqai's system. COOL or what?

I get my Juke in April and hope it does the same.

Can someone try this out for me. Keep your finger on the phone button for about 5 secs, then you should hear a "beep" and then your phone will talk to you.

Happy playing from the Alps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm an iPhoner.. when I hold the steering wheel button for 5 secs or so it activates the voice control feature of the iPhone...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am also iphone 4 user and yes comes through cars sound system

Black 1.6 Acenta since 17th September 2010

·
Registered
9 Posts
Collected Desmond this morning

After setting up the bluetooth with my Nokia 6700 classic, i also found the steering wheel "answer" button doubles as voice recognition dialing.

1) press and hold for approx 3 sec
2) voice recognition is announced with message on connect screen.
3) after saying your contacts name there is a pause
4) connect repeats contacts name
5) pause
6) connect announces "calling"
7) contact is dialled.

It may be the profile i have set on the phone, but it also auto answers in comming callsafter approx 3 secs of ringing.

Very pleased with this function as it was a useful setting i had on my old car with a Parrott kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just an update to say this DOESN'T work on the 'type A' head unit which is standard on the Acenta Sport :(

Press and hold either the dash or steering wheel phone button as long as you want and it doesn't initiate the voice dialling on my iPhone (3GS with 4.2.1 firmware)

·
Registered
443 Posts
The Daywoo unit is no wear as clever as the connect system,but that's why you pay a premium for the next model up .

·
Registered
50 Posts
well cant you just hold the iPhone button for a couple of secs and start it manually?

Laz

·
Registered
50 Posts
and yes you can just hold the iPhone home button for a couple of seconds to initiate voice recognition and it comes through the car audio just fine

laz

·
Registered
22 Posts
lazarus said:
and yes you can just hold the iPhone home button for a couple of seconds to initiate voice recognition and it comes through the car audio just fine

laz
Yes, but on most other head units (e.g. the standard head unit on the Qashqai Acenta for example) you just press and hold the phone button on the dash or steering wheel and that initiates voice dialling on most voice able phones.

Don't see why you shouldn't have this functionality on this head unit also??

·
Registered
50 Posts
well ive been reading through the manual and its says there is unit TYPE A unit TYPE B (which is in the acenta sport) and then obv nissan connect. im not sure but ive been holding the phone button forever and yep nothing :( boo nissan
Laz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts