Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hello.
We just bought my wife her Juke yesterday, so I thought it was time I joined up. With the warranties and all that, I doubt I'll be needing much technical assistance in the near future, but it's important to me to have access to a community of like-minded enthusiasts with the same platform.
Details:2011 Juke SV: gunmetal, FWD/CVT.
It's barely been 24 hours since we took delivery, and only 7 days since we decided to start car shopping, but I've already got a few evil plans in mind and am excited to check into them.
1. Lots of electronic systems on this car relative to my others (a pair of 6th generation Mitsubishi Galant VR4s). I wonder if changing d-mode on the i-con system (eco-normal-sport) has any effect on turbo boost pressure.
2. How smart is the ECU on these things? Suppose I were to fit a manual boost controller in-line between the turbo and wastegate solenoid, is the ECU going to record that change in boost pressure and void my warranty at some point? Not that this is something I'm looking to do right now, but down the road, it's a possibility. I'm just curious.
3. Any other tips, tricks, neat ideas you folks have discovered in playing with your Jukes for more than a week? Perhaps there's a stickied thread or write up somewhere with some "free mods" or the like?
Thanks for the resource. I'll see you around.
PS: I also run Gearbox Magazine, and will be lurking about to find someone with a modified Juke to interview for the front page in the near future. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
DR1665 said:
Hello, hello.
We just bought my wife her Juke yesterday, so I thought it was time I joined up. With the warranties and all that, I doubt I'll be needing much technical assistance in the near future, but it's important to me to have access to a community of like-minded enthusiasts with the same platform.
Details:2011 Juke SV: gunmetal, FWD/CVT.
It's barely been 24 hours since we took delivery, and only 7 days since we decided to start car shopping, but I've already got a few evil plans in mind and am excited to check into them.
1. Lots of electronic systems on this car relative to my others (a pair of 6th generation Mitsubishi Galant VR4s). I wonder if changing d-mode on the i-con system (eco-normal-sport) has any effect on turbo boost pressure.
2. How smart is the ECU on these things? Suppose I were to fit a manual boost controller in-line between the turbo and wastegate solenoid, is the ECU going to record that change in boost pressure and void my warranty at some point? Not that this is something I'm looking to do right now, but down the road, it's a possibility. I'm just curious.
3. Any other tips, tricks, neat ideas you folks have discovered in playing with your Jukes for more than a week? Perhaps there's a stickied thread or write up somewhere with some "free mods" or the like?
Thanks for the resource. I'll see you around.
PS: I also run Gearbox Magazine, and will be lurking about to find someone with a modified Juke to interview for the front page in the near future. :)
welcome dr1665,are you a real docter!! and is she still sleeping!{glen campbell] imust say i have no idea what you are talking about,but stay tuned on here you will get answers,and some strangebritish humour,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G'day mates.
Despite all the urges to thoroughly molest our Juke, I've enjoyed it's 100% reliable stock-ness this past year. To me, it's just begging for a boost controller, upgraded plumbing, and a drop, but it still smells new and I really don't want to mess up a good thing (until I'll be paying for repairs no matter what). For that reason, I've been a random lurker here - avoiding temptation (although there are some subtle lighting and interior mods I've been considering).
My main reason for showing up lately is that I would like to interview a couple Juke owners for Gearbox Magazine. Thing is, I don't really know anyone with a modified Juke yet. We see more and more of them around Phoenix, but don't really know any other owners.
Any chance you guys might be able to point me to some folks who deserve a little press? (And how do I go about contacting people through this forum. Can't seem to find any private message or email functionality, which is strange. I can't seem to post links either. Must be missing a rules post somewhere...)

Thanks in advance. Keep going fast with class.
Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vielen dank, muchas gracias, thank you very much. I figured as much.
Cheers,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts