Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen the issues with the dci Jukes, just as a matter of interest what MPG are you getting from your petrol cars and are you happy with it when you compare it to what it is supposed to be ???
Mine is the 1.6 normally aspirated and I'm getting around 36 mpg, I would like a bit more but hey !!!
Edited by: Deej

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry !! LOL, it might not seem that relevant to your problem, but 36mpg for a modern petrol engine isnt that great and its approx 23% lower than nissan state so something aint right.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 1.6i is getting on average 42-44Mpg for normal weekly drives. I have been as low as 32mpg when driving in town and putting my foot down a little bit. It all depends upon how & where you drive I suppose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AGLImages said:
My 1.6i is getting on average 42-44Mpg for normal weekly drives. I have been as low as 32mpg when driving in town and putting my foot down a little bit. It all depends upon how & where you drive I suppose.
That amazing !!! I have tried it in all modes and driving styles, I would say my driving fits well into 'combined' so now I drive it in sport and how I like and still get 36mpg.
As a matter of interest how many miles have you done?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

Had my Accenta Premium (petrol) for 48 Hrs, covered 97 miles so far, currently logging 38 MPG....but you have to be continuously aware of revs, gear changes and engine load......I gues it will settle later after a couple of 1000 or so! just a note on revs...high aren't they, mine sits at 3000 revs at 60 MPH!

Duncs

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
snowysdad said:
Hi

Had my Accenta Premium (petrol) for 48 Hrs, covered 97 miles so far, currently logging 38 MPG....but you have to be continuously aware of revs, gear changes and engine load......I gues it will settle later after a couple of 1000 or so! just a note on revs...high aren't they, mine sits at 3000 revs at 60 MPH!

Duncs
Yes,
thats its biggest failing, it definitely needs another gear !!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's a lot of revs at 60.
My diesel does just under 2500 rpm at 70 mph and counting!

Half an hour test drive in the petrol wore me out! But I'm a confirmed dieselaholic anyway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Deej said:
AGLImages said:

That amazing !!! I have tried it in all modes and driving styles, I would say my driving fits well into 'combined' so now I drive it in sport and how I like and still get 36mpg.

As a matter of interest how many miles have you done?
I have covered 1020miles so far.
I use the gears for braking where possible & have not been over 70MPH as yet. To be quite honest, with the high revs buzzing in your head I think 70MPH is enough.
I use sport mode all the time now, it is no less economical than the other modes as you can feather the throttle easier. In ECO mode I was finding I had to plant my foot too deep on the throttle for the car to respond.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been making a note of how much petrol I've been putting in, and how many miles I've done over the last few weeks, and have just calculated it to be on average 37 miles.

I do about 200 miles a week motorway driving at approx 70-80mph and 100 or so urban, and have been using Sport mode for the last month, as I much prefer the extra oomph it gives.

I have now covered 2500 miles and I agree with everyone who says that it revs too high and would benefit from a 6th gear.

I feel sorry for the diesal owners getting such a bad mileage figures- and hope that they get somewhere with Nissan. However, the petrol engines don't seem to be giving the figures quoted either.

This is a real shame, as I absolutely love the car, but the mileage problems are spoiling it for many people, especially for the diesal owners.

1 - 20 of 366 Posts