Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

First time on this forum so bare with me, i've had a juke since jan 11 we love the car but seem a bit put off with the mpg we only do about 100 miles a week (give or take a few) but always seem to be in the petrol station we are putting minimum £35 in a week. we took it to nissan to have it checked out but they say there is nothing wrong they first told us that it had to be run in so weleft it and have now done 4000 miles and we took it back again and now they are saying to leave it until 5000. We are also driving it in eco mode all the time and we are light footed changing at 2,500 revs and on the motorways not doing over 62mph. Can anyone tell me if they have the same issue or not(or tell me what i'm doing wrong). Sorry ihave an acenta 1.6 117bhp(in red)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi John welcome to the forum, that seems really odd, fuel mpg is a real issue for the diesel and the DIG-T but all the owners of the normal 1.6 5 speed manual are raving at the excellent fuel consumption they are getting. Do you know what mpg you are actually getting from the car.
to do this accurately you need to fill to the brim, reset trip. use the vehicle are a period it doesnt matter how much you use but the more the better the average will be. When you next fill up do so to the brim again divide the litres put in by 4.546. this gives you the gallons then divide the distance covered this will give you your mpg. Let us know the result
If you are not happy with the service from your dealer then try another
Also supermarket petrol is renowed for not giving the best on MPG so maybe worth trying decent fuel if you currently use supermarkets

·
Registered
106 Posts
HiyaWhat sort of driving do you do?Is it stop-start around town, up and down hills etc?Is it mainly short trips?£35 per week doing 100 miles is 10 - 12 MPG. That means either the car is drinking like Oliver Reed or maybe (no offense) your figures are wrong.It may be worth keeping a proper record of mileage and petrol and working it out properly. If nothing else then you can take the figures to Nissan and get them to check again.Chris

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi John,I've a 1.6 CVT (non turbo) I'm currently returning 48.9 on a run (normal mode) and 42.6 around town.I use cruise control when I can. Cars only done 1,060 miles so I would expect the mpg to get even better as the miles pile on!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
also I would like to add if you are only doing 100 miles per week how comes you have racked up 4000 miles
as I said above you need to do some real calculations on mpg as I think your figures are out and the mpg cant be as bad as you think it is or as your figures suggest I would be amased if its as bad as the 15mpg you figures add up to

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Remy said:
Hi John,I've a 1.6 CVT (non turbo) I'm currently returning 48.9 on a run (normal mode) and 42.6 around town.I use cruise control when I can. Cars only done 1,060 miles so I would expect the mpg to get even better as the miles pile on!
remy I want your car thats better than I can get from my diesel

still in my hands I doubt your cvt will return the same figures you get

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi deks36,My previous 2 litre Petrol Qashqai CVT was retuning 46 mpg on a run and 37 around town before I PX'd it for the Juke (it had done 21,000 miles).I found the CVT, once you get used to it, a great way to travel..........sooooooooo smooth!!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the same engine and I get 42-44 per galloon and most of my driving short trips, I put about £60 in every 4 weeks, something is not correct have you released the handbrake yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for replying everyone
Deks36; Thanks for the advice will do as you suggest and let you know the outcome as for the mileage i did say give or take a few

Clb1970; the driving we do during the week is about 8 miles each way but half of that is duel carriageway, it also fairly flat and we drive during light rush hour (meaning that we drive it just before it al starts so there is a bit of stop start.

Remy; i use cruise control when i can as well but still using the same fuel i also drive it in eco all the time so i would expect to get a bit more. It's that bad that i got overtaken by a citroen dolly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ive only had my Juke for 3 Weeks ive played round with the drivesettings but its never reallybeen out of sport mode since i got it and i'm gettin 40mpg. try taking it out of eco because you really have to mash the throttle to get any power. but i doubt that it would be causing your mpg to be so low.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just for interest, I have the Acenta 1.6 117 bhp. Done 1200 miles and averaging 41.9 mpg. This is mainly local driving in normal mode with but with two motorway journeys of about 300 miles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have averaged 37.5 mpg from my 1.6 and have always driven it in sport mode, my regular driving is a short commute to work, then the occasional motorway trip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts