Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had mine since Monday and not put any fuel in yet.

I wanted to wait and see if there's a warning light or noise - which I have now seen....BUT....in a very short distance the 'flashing' fuel pump & remaining mileage changed from 31 miles to 29, then down to 24 ..but then went back up again.

Has anybody else had this or am I missing something??
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm guessing you mean the 'remaining miles' number you get? I'm also assuming that this figure would change depending on how you drive. Go easy on the accelerator and you're gonna get more miles out of the tank... drive like you're renting and you'll notice the drop.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mine too, when it gets low the figures do go up and down - it seems its a dynamic reading, as Wraithen said if you are booting it or going uphill the figure drops and when you ease off or on a level or downhill stretch it rises again. It is giving you the miles left on the remaining fuel after all, so it will change.
12inch

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it will also depend on if you are e.g. on a hill as then more fuel will slosh to one end of the tank and the sensor won't know it's there so range will go down or vice versa

·
Registered
659 Posts
The fuel gauge adapts to your driving style. It may start off saying 163 miles left but change to 165/168 if you take it easy for a mile or two. As **** says - a dynamic reading.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my current car: renault megane cc, themiles remainingvaried constantly depending on your current mpg and how you drive the car.. And i learnt from experience not to trust how many miles its saying as sometimes i get much more miles than stated, other times it would be much less! i have been caught by this twice now and had to call the sister to bring me some petrol at the side of the m25! stupid renault!
Im not saying it will be the same on the juke, i just assume it will be a similar method of working out the remaining miles

·
Registered
13 Posts
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Distance to empty (dte — mls or km)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />[/B]
The distance to empty (dte) mode provides you
with an estimation of the distance that can be
driven before refueling. The dte is constantly
being calculated, based on the amount of fuel in
the fuel tank and the actual fuel consumption.
The display is updated every 30 seconds.
The dte mode includes a low range warning
feature. When the fuel level is low, the dte mode
is automatically selected and the dte display will
blink. Push the trip computer mode switch *A
to return to the mode that was selected before
the warning occurred.
When the fuel level drops even lower, the dte
display will change to “----”.

·
Registered
13 Posts
12Inchmick said:
They should put that in a book to give new owners. That would be good.
uhhhh....I actually copied and pasted from the owners manual...from the chapter on Vehicle Information Display.....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
pedrochin said:
12Inchmick said:
They should put that in a book to give new owners. That would be good.
uhhhh....I actually copied and pasted from the owners manual...from the chapter on Vehicle Information Display.....
Sorry you missed the wit pedrochin...............

12inch

·
Registered
13 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Sorry you missed the wit pedrochin...............
Must have been lost through my American translation!

While I was waiting 3 months for my Juke, I actually read every page of the manual!

·
Registered
24 Posts
wjll said:
there's a manual for owners? I only got one for the car!
think there should be one for the owners!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Driving late at night and past 2 closed petrol stations. Got down to 14 miles left and had to stop to wait for someone. Started driving off and the "miles left" suddenly displayed "-------".
Big panic, but luckily the next petrol station was open.
Thinking about it the "-------" was prob a recent calculation based on using up fuel with the engine on whilst not moving, but I did have visions of being stranded.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Last week I was asked by my dealer to run as low as possible... My readout displayed "-------". And I still drove 15 miles, dealer said I could have done another 20.

I don't like running low on fuel normally and refuel when the gauge get to a quarter of a tank left

Lj

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad someone else is frustrated with this!! It really annoys me how it counts down so quickly - normally when the dashes come up, I divert to the nearest petrol station for a quick splash and dash!The other week though, I was coming back from Norwich. Checked the DTE before I left - showed about 40 miles more than the actual distance. As the weather was pretty ropey, I was taking it easy on the way back, so with 25 miles to go (according to my sat nav) it flashed up that the fuel would run out in 32. No problem I thought - I'll just fill up at my local Tesco when I'm nearly home.Within 5 miles, it had dropped to 18 miles (with still 21 miles to travel), then a mile later came the dashes. As practically the nearest station en route was the Tesco near my house, I decided I'd risk it and head for Tesco's and cross my fingers!I made it! In fact, the little blocks that show the petrol level only dropped to the last block about half a mile from home, so I suspect I could probably have gone much further, but I was definitely glad to make it on to the forecourt without any issues!! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can understand why car manufacturers would want to play is safe - just as your food will be safe to eat the day after the expirary date.

It's beter to exceed people's expectations and get them to the garrage with fuel to spare than get their ass sued for giving someone food poisoning.

Or something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts