Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Are you putting a personalised plate in your Juke

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of talk and pictures of Jukes with personalised plates. I just wondered how many people had personalised plates.
Also use this thread to suggest cool Juke plates.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Deep down id probably like one, but I couldnt justify the cost, I had a look the other day & found one £800! I know the costs dont stop there either! saying that, if I ended up with a bad reg then yep I may just change my mind! BJ60 TIT, would be my luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's cheaper to change your name by deed poll to fit £50

Xavier Sylvester Laing

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
some on ebay is offering J700OKE FOR £400 same plate DVLA all done £250
i have got a choice of 2 to fit to mine both on retention both cost under £400 EACH
purchased a 60 plate with words either side which is likely to go on Juke

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both my wife and I have plates with the same prefix and numbers, cost £250 each all in from DVLA.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stormrider said:
I got a choice from about 10 standard registrations
Any of them match your name/ initials.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would love a private plate but my hubby doesn't want to drive with a girly reg - FEE and all the other alternatives are too pricy and I am too mean to part with my cash

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
depends on how you look for it fee i have found some in the past that are less than £400 all in
trouble i usually have is similar to yours with the wife refusing to drive it if i put such a plate on
this time however we agreed its a 60 plate but a little strategic screw it should read GO
still looing for others only yesterday i passed a car that read GR10UND

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Fee
The DVLA site has some bargins, we got our reg there for our Juke and it didnt break the bank, they start at £250 all in

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any current views on personalised plates? After the purchase price are there other costs involved, e.g. when changing toa new car? I'm waiting for my new juke and I've no idea yet what the reg will be! Hoping it will have the same prefix as our 10plate micra which we bought from the same dealer... would be even cooler if the last 3 letters were the same as well!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cost oftransferring a private plate toanother car is £80, to hold it on a retention certificate is £25 per year.
The easy way is to put your private plate on retention a few weeks before your new car is collected, this then means that your old car can be issued with a new number and V5 form, ready for PX. Give the retentioncertificate to the dealership so that the firstregistrationis with your private plate.this then enables the dealership to put you PX car on the market, other wise there are delays with exchanging the V5's of the PX car.
If however you do not wish to purchase a private plate, see what numbers the dealership has available we have done this in the past for some of our cars. The wife has her private plate for years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for that, so you actually asked the dealer if there was a choice of allocated plates available?

Might check this route out first before looking at private plates...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts