Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our Juke is three weeks old.

It has some technical issues/faults that hopefully will be sorted out at our trip to the dealer on the 19th August.

So far though our Juke is fun to drive and that's how we wanted things with this car.

Upon review;

I would expect once the niggles have been cured it will be totally fun.

It is not a refined car (too much intrusive noise from the engine when
the car is pulling away and the revs go high to satisfy the demands of
the CVT gear box).

It is not a quiet car (we can't hear our music
without having to turn it up quite loud).

It is not a comfortable car
(the suspension is far too stiff for that and we notice quite a lot of
bumps and dips in the road). On long journeys on back roads that have a few bumps and holes here and there things can get tiring very quickly.

It can drink petrol like it is going out of fashion if the right foot is a bit heavy.

It can shift... very reassuring when needing to overtake. Holds the road well, especially in 4WD Vectoring mode.

It does turn heads.

The reversing camera works well - if it hasn't been raining.

What do I compare this against?
Our last car for quietness and frugality - a Honda Civic Hybrid. You could hardly hear the engine most of the time - except when revving to overtake or go up a steep hill (it had a CVT box like the Juke). Fuel consumption was very frugal. We have also had a 2 litre SAAB that was very quiet compared with the Juke.

Our SAAB and Mitsubishi Charisma for comfort and relaxed driving. They were both excellent cars for soaking up the pot-holes and glided along the road.

Fuel wise - well we knew it was going to be thirsty so I'll leave it at that.

It can shift. I think the SAAB and a Golf 1.9 TDi that I had would have both given it a run for the money but, having said that I think the Golf would have taken a bit of time to think about it even though road holding was great. The SAAB could shift for a big car and only a 2 litre engine but, again would probably have been left standing after a few seconds.

For turning heads - the Juke wins hands down so far.

So out of ten so far I would give the Juke 6. If not for the electrical niggles, boot and engine noise, and too stiff a suspension I would be giving it 8.
Why only 8 - well I think 8 is still a very good score. The same that I would have given our Honda straight off. So the Juke (or I should say Nissan) has a little work to do over the three years that we expect to keep it if we are to contemplate having another.

Roll on winter so that it can make up some marks. Really looking forward to the 4WD and getting to work. Well maybe not the getting to work part so much

I will make another report as others have after some more time with our fun car

Edited by: Dougal

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well if anyone is interested, two weeks further on and all electrical automatic problems are sorted by PUSHING IN THE FUSE and not pulling it out as suggested by a lot of people here. Thanks to Datsundealer for pointing this out.

The car has passed the 1000 mile mark and now that we have started to open up the throttle and increase the revs now and then it feels really smooth. It feels better and better to drive and accelerate every time we take it out for a spin. So fair chuffed with that.

Apart from poor fuel consumption and the bumpy ride and lack of better sound insulation the car is making us smile.

That's what we wanted and it is doing it for us just now. Fingers crossed that the winter will pass by without any hiccups.

I am not meaning to sound like I am griping about the car I am just reviewing it in my honest opinion. That's what this section of the forum is for and that's what I'm doing.

Now I must sort out the rattle from the rear boot cover thingy, it bumps and knocks about at every little bump in the road, even when reversing into the drive. I have a simple idea for it though...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
At least it makes you smile, I have not had a car yet without faults, but one that makes me smile this much?

Never, until the juke

K

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I agree it seems no matter the short coming its a car you still smile when driving, only little niggles for me I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one its like part of my family

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nice to read your report Dougal and I am glad that you are getting to like your Juke even more, now that you have got a few miles under the bonnet.
It won't be too long now before we take delivery of our Juke and I too will be able to write my own comments. A week after we get it, we are going to Tenby for a week, so we should manage to get plenty of driving done, both on Motoways and by-roads, before we return back home again.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, had the car for what seems ages now and not much more to report. We still have the rattle in the rear. I am convinced it is the door of the hatch. It just feels loose when I close it but, if I pull on it then it feels okay. Could be something within the door like the motor for the wiper perhaps, oh I don't know.
I have had everything out of the boot area including the 'Tonneau cover' as it is called and the bloody rattle is still there.
I'll just have to wait till I'm on a trip south before bothering the dealer as it is too far away to just drop in.
Apart from that I think I would like to change the small lamps and even the headlights for LED types. They should survive the winter temperatures much better. It seems so easy to get a blown lamp because of the cold.
Thing is, I have looked at the back of the headlamps and there is not much room to do anything...
I would definitely like softer suspension.
Going out for a moderate run tomorrow, around 80 miles or so (yes I know it isn't far but, on small country roads that is far enough. Will probably use around 3 gallons of fuel too.
Can't wait to travel to Edinburgh later in the year to see how the fuel consumption does on the open road. I ain't had a chance to test steady speed over a long distance yet.
With any luck it might get up to 35 mpg!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just passed 1000 miles and loving it. Thought I had a rattle in the drivers door, but it was loose batteries in my small torch, kept in the door pocket.

So far the car is great, gave it the Auto Glym Treatment and the bodywork shines bright with the help of Extra Gloss Protection. Why pay £250 to the dealer when you can do it yourself for less that £40 and a few hours work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dougal. I had the exact same rattle on my car.Took it in and they said it was one of the seat belt anchor bolts.I knew it wasn't and still have the rattle.I am 99% certain that it is the rear nearside seat catch.Leave the seats down and see if it disappears. Mine did and i am now trying to solve how to cure the irratating problem If i cant i will take it in and let the so called experts sort it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mmm... interesting, seat catch eh?
Ok I'll try it and let you know. I did have my wife sit in the back one day and she thought as I did that it was coming from the hatch door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'mcured of my annoying rattle. Wrapped some rubber around the second part of the "U" shaped hook.The first part of this hook just opens the catch which is buried inside the rear seat back.Anyway its now cured due to my search on this site. I must admit that it had me stumped I was convinced it was the boot insert or boot floor and had spent hours lining the things with rubber or felt etc: I had even driven the car with them removed but this takes all the sound proofing out.Anyway hopefully this is now sorted and will help you.Let me know.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">My new review of our DiG-T:<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Bought it July 2011.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">First impressions - it goes like stink when you plant your right foot whether in Normal mode or Sport. A bit tight for space in the back with taller passengers and the boot is merely adequate but, suits us because the seats can tumble forward. Not sure if white was a good choice but, it really stands out being a chunky car to start with, the white makes it even more noticeable. Likes petrol too much. Poor show not having heated door mirrors. The Bluetooth for the phone works well just a shame it isn't up to par with the Nissan Note as it also allows playing music files from the phone. SatNav is reasonable. Not great in corners, tends to roll a bit but, still holds the road well. Good driving position can be had by different sized drivers. Heating system and sound system not the best around but, functional. Road noise not too bad but, could be better.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Seven months on impressions - Still goes like stink. Space is still adequate. Still likes petrol too much even though the engine is starting to loosen off. Really missing the heated door mirrors on the cold mornings especially if there is fog about (the mirrors just 'fog' over and are unusable).<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Still not been able to play music from my phone through the Bluetooth system.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">The driving position although good and the seats hold the body well, even being leather clad, the actual ride quality of the car is not good for me over longish journeys (40 miles or more), I find myself so irritated by the vibration due to the poor road surfaces coming up through and into the back of the seat that I sit forward off the seat back to 'get a break' from it. I would think this is mostly due to the stiff suspension employed to cope with the fast driving achievable from the car. I find myself asking my wife to drive a lot more than any other car we have had. The heating system takes an extraordinarily long time to react to change in temperature settings. The passenger seat has a very annoying squeak at certain positions of the back rest and we have had a rattle from the back of the car from day one (hope to have that fixed at service time).<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Overall impression of the car - slightly above average.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">For - good overtaking speed when required. Stands out from the crowd. Good Bluetooth and SatNav. 4x4.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Against - poor heating control. No heated door mirrors. Poor ride quality. Just too thirsty for a modern car. Only got 3 mpg improvement on our 300 mile round trip to Edinburgh.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Would I buy another - In my humble opinion (and I speak only for myself and my wife) NO, too many negatives>>> seven months on and we are already discussing our next car in 29 months time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry its a no, to the heated wing mirrors which is a shame. My husband says that it is the one main feature that he will miss in this cold weather.We drove on some untreated icy roads yesterday and our AWD Juke felt glued to the road so we did make the right choice of car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts