Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am having my Juke delivered on 2nd September......
soooooooo excited
.......I am thinking of having front parking sensors fitted, has anyone else got them? what would your advice be, should I? or is it not worth it?

DonnaB

·
Registered
912 Posts
If that's what you want, then get them fitted. It will obviously make parking much easier for you. Why they don't fit them as standard, on the Acenta Premium models together with the rear parking camera is a bit baffling. for about another £50 they could have been done at the factory.
I think eventually, all cars will be fitted with front and rear parking sensors as standard. I can remember the days when a heater was an extra and the only heated rear windscreen was a self stick panel from Halfords. We have come along way since the early sixties.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Because of the seating position you will always see the front of the car so parking should be easy enough without sensors. Beware of the rear view camera though it is good when you know how to use it but you will need to practice.........a lot!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking as I am only 5'2 I might have trouble seeing the front of the car ha ha, I'm looking forward to the rear view camera!!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am having parking sensors fitted front and back, Donna.I had only rear sensors on my RAV4 but because my wife is only 4ft. 10in. tall, IF sheis everallowed to drive our baby, she will need all the help she can get!!I genuinely feel ALL cars, etc., should be fitted with front and rear sensors. We all know it makes sense!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Pilgrim

I feel better now, I have already opted for the rear ones as I have had them on my last 3 cars and think I would miss the audio alerts, I know some people might think it's a little strange when I have the camera as well!!!! Have called the dealer and am having the front done now!!!! Oh I can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

DonnaB

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't forget to post some photos of your Juke when you get the chance Donna

Good move by having the parking sensors fitted back and front.
You might need some on the roof, when parking under low hanging branches

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh parking sensors on the roof, now I didn't think of that!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
DonnaB said:
Thanks Pilgrim

I feel better now, I have already opted for the rear ones as I have had them on my last 3 cars and think I would miss the audio alerts, I know some people might think it's a little strange when I have the camera as well!!!! Have called the dealer and am having the front done now!!!! Oh I can't wait now!!!!!!!!!

DonnaB
You are welcome DonnaB.I notice your location is Northants. I lived in Higham Ferrers for some years and used to shop in Wellingboro´, Northampton and Rushden, mostly.I guess you must know those places well?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Pilgrim

Yes I know the places you mention but I live in Daventry which is, am sure you know, right over the other side, only seen 2 Jukes over here so quite pleased.

DonnaB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts