Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we are placeing order on Sat!...

...but slightly confused.

What Car states all models of Juke have parking sensors. Dealer has said no just the rear camera on Prem Pack/ Tekna. My wife really wants a 'Beeping' reverse sensor, as she foundrear visability was not the best when on test drive.

Do I ask dealer to fit this or go aftermarket?

Do you have issues parking?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The premium pack has the reverse camera as you say but no audiblesensor..... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

From my test drive the camera was sufficient enough for me, although that was a bright day - Not sure what its like at night or in rain etc.....I should have been able to tell you as a regular Juke owner by now but since I’m currently in a delay limbo....but that’s another story!

·
Registered
26 Posts
No Juke comes with parking sensors What have wrong information. I believe they may be available as a dealer fit but cannot be certain, you can only ask. Camera works just fine once you get used to it its view is fine in day and night and wet conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

Dealer quoted £250 for parking sensor, but I think If we have the camera itis notreally needed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Jukes camera is very good in the night time too, only thing is sometimes the lens needs a wipe from surface water or slush, but in alls its a very good quality picture and the markings which tell you how close you are to an item is spot on

·
Registered
204 Posts
The camera is really excellent and the coloured guidelines are really helpful but it doesn't cover as wide a range across the back of the car as sensors would. In an ideal world, I'd prefer to have both so that the rear corners of the car are covered by a warning system too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have a new hyundai IX35 which has a colour camera & sensors & a Juke Tekna which has just a camera & out of the two I prefer the Juke , I find the beeping actually annoys me & puts me off, spoils my concentration ! and cosmetically the bumper looks better without them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have found visibility to be fine. It's just a case of getting used to it.

Like my friend said.. the only time he has reversed into something was when he had parking sensors fitted :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I asked our dealer for a quote for front and rear sensors with their quote being £495 which I think is very much OTT.
I have googled my area and have found that it is possible to have sensors fitted for a fraction of this price but as I am not expecting delivery of our JUKE until May so I'll delay looking again until then.

·
Registered
575 Posts
On first drive I didn't like the camera, but after 1,500 miles, its miles better than sensors. Visibility in the dark is great. The only thing you need to think about is giving it a quick wipe after a grubby motorway journey. Would never go back to sensors

·
Registered
97 Posts
lol
i was going to suggest strapping a small child to the tail gate and wait for the screams but that would be politicly incorrect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No way am I going to let my JUKE (whenever it arrives) get the slightest scratch/dent while parking.

I currently have a Honda CRV with reversing camera and front and back sensors. The sensors enable me to get much closer to where I want to park so particularly useful at the front of the car without a camera.
They are also useful if some idiot tries hide behind a blind spot on the car while while I am trying to get in or out of a parking slot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
3" makes all the difference between having a dent or not having one. Heaven forbid that I would actually leave my car just 3" away, It's only for manouvering purposes when shunting backwards and forwards. I am using the word shunting in a non combative sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts