Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, the first time I need to take the parcel shelf out and the pathetic plastic bits that hold it in place won't go back in properly. I thought I'd got them sorted and closed the boot only for them to give way and snap off. Now the parcel shelf is just hanging so I've had to give up and take it off. Going back to the dealer this week cause something that poor is not fit for purpose.

On a more positive note I've done over 3500 miles now and it seems to be running pretty well. The reversing camera is great so long as it doesn't rain (the drops sit on it so you can't see out) and the phone connection works so well it even connected from the car to my i phone, which was in my 2nd floor bedroom, when I locked myself out of my house with only the car key! The gears seem to be getting a little smoother now and there is no way I'd do without the heated seats in the weather we've been having lately. If only they hadn't failed on the parcel shelf... doh.

Has anyone else had this problem and what have the dealers done about it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
to be honest,I did look at the parcel shelf which was left in the boot when I collected the car.
Looked a real pain to work out what went where..(I'm a bloke and get impatient after 10 seconds)
The privacy tinted rear glass keeps prying eyes out and makes doing the weekly shop easier with the added space..chucked it in the shed where it's staying.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Deanno1dad said:
Looked a real pain to work out what went where..(I'm a bloke and get impatient after 10 seconds)
Don't forget throwing the instructions to one side, who needs them!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Williach

Dont talk to me about the parcel shelf - kind members here attempted to talk me through the instruction son how to refit them (despite the fact the instructions ar eon the shelf)

I tried on and off for a fortnight and still couldnt get the **** thing fitted. Took it back to dealer and service manager managed (with a bit of a struggle) to get it refitted.. At last...

Agreed - the parcel shelf and associated fixings along with the rubbish boot size are my only major gripes about the JUKE... oh and the rotten fuel consumption on the DCi .....

Take it back to dealer - I reckon if more people took it back Nissan would have to look again at the design - it really is too fiddly...If someone has limited dexterity in their hands, they would never manage to do it.

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
I figured out a method for the parcel shelf reattachment on Sunday, will do a guide and post photos when I get a chance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just don't get me started on parcel shelfs. It's one of the parts Nissan just seem to overlook on account of the shelf not being needed in Japan. Seems European needs have evaporated on this one and the money has been spent else where. DOH!

·
Registered
561 Posts
lol seatraveller2002, i send you my parcel shelf to mess around if you want
! the juke self is a littlebit to big to send at your placei supose

I dont have an envelope and a stamp that size

grtz

Dirk

·
Registered
309 Posts
it is a faf, but once you realise that there are buttons within the clasps, its very straight-forward. Sorry to hear yours have snapped off, i can see how this could have happened!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Is wondering whether Seatraveller ravels seats or travels by sea?

Maybe he revels in Ravel, with optional Boléro

·
Registered
540 Posts
They should make them the type that looks like stocking suspenders... don't get excited ****!Mind you they would probably make them out of rubber and they would then disintegrate after a few days in the Sun, ha, ha...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rocks703 said:
Deanno1dad said:
Don't forget throwing the instructions to one side, who needs them!
Thats why I always end up with 3 pieces of wood left over from anything from Ikea....

·
Registered
998 Posts
For anyone still having trouble re-fitting, it took me a minute to work out which way round it went but then ten seconds to refit, regarding the awkward side fittings, push them back , line them up and push them in. Beware when you push them backwards they can fall out into the boot . Simples. T (and no, I don't read the instructions either unless its electrical )

1 - 20 of 37 Posts