Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyon !!! is it really true that painting the caliper affects the warranty?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks stormrider for your reply!!! I'm planning to paint it but if this will affect warranty, i'll stay as is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
algarchitorena said:
Hi everyon !!! is it really true that painting the caliper affects the warranty?
I would ask Nissan, personally I don't see why it would as long as you didn't get paint on the inside. I know quite a few people who have painted their calipers to match their wheels, especially with the 4 and 5 spoke open alloys.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It would only affect the warranty if you have to make a claim on the part (obviously..) - in this case Nissan would make a judgement as to whether the mods have contributed to the failure.

For example, there could be a risk that any solvent used to clean the part before painting could attack the piston seals or paint could obstruct the operation... but if the failure mode was fatigue to the casting then you would probably be OK.. but it's decidedcase-by-case I believe..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
5523_Juke said:
It would only affect the warranty if you have to make a claim on the part (obviously..) - in this case Nissan would make a judgement as to whether the mods have contributed to the failure.

For example, there could be a risk that any solvent used to clean the part before painting could attack the piston seals or paint could obstruct the operation... but if the failure mode was fatigue to the casting then you would probably be OK.. but it's decidedcase-by-case I believe..
excellent quality answer wish we had a thanks button

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for a very informative answer!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think given that it is something that depends on the surfaces being right, and paint could easily affect that and its function, I certainly wouldn't risk it. Even if they fail and paint wasn't a contributing factor, I can see them blaming it on that anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think we can assume that algarchitorena wouldn't be painting thedisks or pads...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts