Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Owner of accenta with premium pack in red..had car new from 60 reg.. to my horror while washing car this morning,,,found a piece of paint off.....between drivers side front wing and front bumper
....anyone had paint probs

Peter

·
Registered
110 Posts
Whooa - have exactly same issue. Thought something had caught it somehow but its in a position that would make this unlikely. Will post a pick tomorrow. Would be good if you could also post a pic to compare.
Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK - heres a pic of the damage. Close up it actually looks as though the paint has been pinched between the 2 panels. Interested to see pic of your damageto compare.

·
Registered
484 Posts
</font>I saw
the very same defect-both sides of the bumper on a pre-production model . At
the time I thought maybe an assembly issue, or a potential rubbing issue. As it
was pre-production I wasn’t too concerned. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
Registered on the forum due to seeing this thread. We have had our Juke for around 4 weeks now and I have noticed the paint peeling in exactly the same spot on the drivers wing.
I got the wife to mention it when the car was taken for it's 1000 mile check-up. The response from the dealer was far from reassuring as we were told it was too late to claim it was a delivery problem and we should have pointed it out within 48 hours!
I am now in awe of the new Nissan 48 hour paint guarantee

Saw another Juke yesterday in the local supermarket car park, so had a look at the same area. You guessed it, evidence existed of the the same paint peel starting to occur. A good look at the front bumper shows large differences between the bumper/wing gaps on the drivers side compared to passenger side (which is fine).
I can therefore agree that this is a rubbing issue between the two panels which is probably being accelerated due to panel expansion now the hot weather is here.
Including our problem there are now five instances of the same problem. Dealer did take pictures to send to Nissan, but if no favorable solution is forthcoming soon I will escalate this further.
Thanks for your help so far.
Alan.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Planning a visit to dealers after weekend. Thought it was just mine but appears to be more widespread than I had imagined.
Marmite - what was included in your 1000 mile check ?? This is not something we were offered and have done 6K now !!
Was anyone else offered this check ?

Steve

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
to my knowledge 1000 mile check is not something any dealer now does as a requirement this is an old thing that used to happen years ago maybe their dealer offers something extra to its customers but there is NO requirement for a 1000 mile check

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ford still do a 1000 mile check but just think it's a bit of spin as I was told it was just a quick check of the fluid levels and it took 10 Min's.
Got the same problem with the paint on front driver side bumper noticed it a couple of weeks ago thought it had been a idiot doing the revers until you touch then move a foot forward parking maneuver! but as it is in the same spot in the photo it looks like a manufacturing assembly fault and thats the first point it touches as the jig offers the bumper up to the body to fit it and cracks the paint bond.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Looks the the plastic primer hasn't reached the edges. Had this on a P*ss poor car repair. The paint just flake off in that area.I'd question your warranty with nissan directly as it does state its 3 years with unlimited mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Really couldn't say what is included in the 1000 mile checkover as the wife to the vehicle in.
Can't be much as only took an hour so probably just a visual and checks on levels etc.

Didn't realise it wasn't standard as this is our first modern Nissan.

Also mentioned at the time Bluetooth dropout and was informed it must be the wife's phone.

All in all a bit annoyed at the lack of owning the problems as a quick flick through this site would highlight that we are not alone.

Must finish on a positive by saying in general what a great car the Juke is. It always annoys me when the customer is better informed than the dealer, as if I ran the dealership someone would be tasked to keep an eye on sites like this for the real skinny on the product!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All , just been reading about the paint issues, I've just checked mine , Force red and I have the same issue too!!! Its on the drivers side wing / panel area a 3-4 mm area of flaking paint . I would agree the panelslook tight.
To be honest I haven't yet checked thye rest of the car yet as one incident of this is enough for me to be going straight back to the dealers,
I would be interested thoughwhat sort of response other Juke owners have had from the dealers / NCS and how best to proceed .

Iam in discussion already with NCS over another issue and will be talking to them next week after the Bank Holiday but any heads up info would be greatly appreciated

Poplady

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
mine is starting to show signs not as bad as yours 12" but then mine is used a lot less than most
will wait on mine as it isnt bad enough yet but I feel we may to join forces on this one

1 - 20 of 279 Posts