Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Having only done 700 miles in 2 months and checkingregularly to see if I had this issue, tonight I noticed a rumple of paint on the drivers side.
What should I do?Complain to the dealer? Contact Nissan UK?
Would be nice if there was a sticky how to somewhere in the fault section.

Edited by: Benzyl

·
Registered
35 Posts
just make sure your dealer knows about your problem, they can then notify you as soon as the update to the front part is known

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have dropped them a email and await their reply

·
Registered
998 Posts
Benzyl said:
Hi All,
Having only done 700 miles in 2 months and checkingregularly to see if I had this issue, tonight I noticed a rumple of paint on the drivers side.

Theres that nice straight line again under the paintwork that stops short on the panel and turns into the joint as someone else had elsewhere on the forum.I notice that rolled back paint flake starts on the turned in section of the line and not below it. ??? Deks will know the other poster as he checked his Juke for the line and did not have it. Is the shiny surface on that flake the underside of the flake ? as it looks like rolled back tin foil, Is this a Nissan mod to try and get better paint adhesion that is not working on later builds ?. Tc No offence meant to anyone but just athought

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
there are 3 post in exterior section on the bumper paint issue. Basically report it to your dealer if they say they havent heard of it they are lying, they are more than likely to have a vehicle affected on their forecourt. Its still a waiting game at this time as Nissan have not solved the issue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your e mail regarding the Juke paint issue.I am advised by our service department that Nissan are aware of the problem of the wing rubbing where it meets the bumper, the issue is already resolved for new builds with jig re design.

We are awaiting advise from nissan as to their strategy, at that point you will be contacted by Holdcroft and Nissan.I have asked the question of time scale and will advise you accordingly.Many Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts

This problem is all over this forum (although some appear to have been deleted).
I suspect your dealer may well have been aware of this design defect before you even handed over your cash.
All very wrong in my mind and very underhand
I have this and other paintwork defects and I'm gutted that my brand new motors having three major body panels sprayed and Nissan think that makes it all OK.
Get back on to the dealer and they should contact Nissan UK and although they will accept liability, all you will get is a respray by a local body shop.
Can assure you that its back to BMW Mini for me and the wife in another 2.5 years when the contract on this expires.
Jukes a car to drive, goes like a rocket (1.6 Dig T) but let down by poor build quality and even poorer customer service.
PS
Suggest you give the entire bodywork a once over before taking it back.
Best of look.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@ Derby, all the thread relating to the paint issue are still there just sometimes the search facility is useless. I am sorry you too are affected by this and other issues and you feel totally let down by Nissan but I would like to say there isnt a manufacturer out their that acts any differently or better they all send out cars with design flaws take the Citroen case as an example. Also I know of plenty of cars that have had paint work even before the customer sets his eyes on the cars infact a friend on mine earns a good living doing such work locally to me for a number of dealers.
As foR customer service I would concede that if you only deal with the dealer or the muppet on the phone at first stage of NCS contact you will find them unhelpful but I have to say I know of at least 3 cases where the Nissan customer has had a very favourable outcome from Nissan and well above what I beleieve any other manufacturer would do. Yes it can be hard work but you will also achieve what you require from Nissan as long as your situation merits it.
If you feel Nissan has let you down and you are not receiving the service you believe you deserve then send a pm to Nissan Motors GB on the forum and state your case this is monitored by high level NCS staff and if you concerns are genuine they will act
For what its worth I have had a run in or two around my Juke but I know only to well other makers are a lot worse I also know that Nissan is the most aproachable manufacturer I have ever dealt with
good luck in the future

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
62 Posts
trachycarpus said:
Benzyl said:
Hi All,

Theres that nice straight line again under the paintwork that stops short on the panel and turns into the joint as someone else had elsewhere on the forum.I notice that rolled back paint flake starts on the turned in section of the line and not below it. ??? Deks will know the other poster as he checked his Juke for the line and did not have it. Is the shiny surface on that flake the underside of the flake ? as it looks like rolled back tin foil, Is this a Nissan mod to try and get better paint adhesion that is not working on later builds ?. Tc No offence meant to anyone but just athought

It was myself that has the line problem.
Dealers has said its the bumper mould marking and should be there.
Still to go to a different dealer and get there opinion then onto NIssan UK if needed.
If it is a mould marking it shouldn't show through paint. It should be sanded down once out the mould or enough paint applied so that you do not see it.
The line on my rear passenger side is also cracking so its clearly a fault. Just need to find someone at Nissan who will admit to it and sort it!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jukster you have my pictures for evidence may I suggest if you are having trouble with dealer assistance you pm Nissan on the forum and ask them where you can take the car to get the help you are expecting as your dealer seems to be blind to the issue
the will at least serve to highlight dealer issues with them listening to the customer

·
Registered
62 Posts
deks36 said:
jukster you have my pictures for evidence may I suggest if you are having trouble with dealer assistance you pm Nissan on the forum and ask them where you can take the car to get the help you are expecting as your dealer seems to be blind to the issue
the will at least serve to highlight dealer issues with them listening to the customer
Will do deks. Will keep you posted on it. Just need some spare time to get onto them!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Jorma said "My Juke's paintwork has a lesion in it."

@Jorma On ongelma Maalin, kuplia ja kuoria. Nissan opiskelee tätä ongelmaa. Autoliikkeiden ovat tietoisia siitä, niin sinun pitäisi kertoa heille auton. Lisää kuvia on tämän sivun alla.

http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic2839_page1.html

There is a problem with the paint itself, it bubbles and peels. Nissan is studying this problem. The dealerships are aware of this, so you should tell them about your car. More photos in that page.

Edited by: acrorat

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm picking my new Juke up on 30th July and will be checking this over. What do I do if the car has this fault, refuse it ( the waits been long enough now) or accept that something will be done about it ???

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you might just aswell accept it and wait for the fix to sorted then have it rectified
Its highly unlikely to have it anyway.
I do know that a solution is believed to have been found and Nissan are in the process of trialling it
on a car. So i believe it wont belong until all cars will be rectified

·
Registered
66 Posts
just spotted mine has this issue too, and I am just at 4000 miles- will be contacting dealer today!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts