Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a paint defect on me White Duke. On the back wing part of the panel was unpainted and showed as a black line. Took the Juke back to the dealer and they took photos and sent them to Nissan. Still waiting for authorisation for the dealer to respray.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
be careful and ensure it goes to an approved bodyshop for repair, I had an issue with defect on mine that dealer tried to do with a smart repair, which I believe to be unacceptable on a new car. Not all dealers are the same so this is just a heads up for you

·
Registered
57 Posts
there was a small but significant scratch on my rear bumber when I went to collect Daisy. I kicked off about it and the garage cheerfully swapped the bumber with that of another Juke they had on the forecourt that day. I was dead chuffed with the result but feel a bit sorry for whoever bought the other car if they didn't notice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the same issue but on my front bumper.And mine is white also. Had car back at dealer today. Now waiting for appointment for pics to be taken, then got to wait for approval from HQ. Have you been offerred any compensation? Have they said how long approval could take?
Hope you get sorted out very soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When i picked up my new Juke Blade Silver there were 2 small chips on the front offside wing, just on the edge of the panel where it meets the front panel. There was also a large chip on the boot on the oval shaped handle section about 6 inches to the right of the nissan badge.

I also had a rear quarter panel badly out of line.

I told my dealer i would not pay for the car and wanted it sorted. I was asurred they would repair the chips and sort the panel. i only accepted the car as i had already sold mine and had no other means of transport, and on the dealers guarantee it would be sorted.

4 weeks later they took the car in and sorted the panel to my satisfaction. The repair of chips on the other hand was an abortion !!

I had contacted NCS and the head of the department about numerous issues and he has been very helpfull. He recommended that i do not get the dealer to re-spray the chipped panels as when the cars are sprayed in the factory they bake the paint at 160 degrees and no bodyshop around can get their temperatures anywhere near that, therefore the finish would not be the same.

So on the advise of NCS i opted for the chips to be professionally touched in...... My 7 year old Niece could have done a better job. The dealer's body shop have simply got a touch up pen and coloured the chips in the hope that in the 6 DAYS they had my car i had somehow lost the use of my eyes !!

The work is appalling. They have made no effort to layer the chips to the level of the existing paint work or blend the chip. I spoke to the service manager and the head of the bodyshop who told me that the omly way they could cover the chips was with a respray. Utter rubbish. I've hear there are companies out there who come to your house and do the work there and then.

The bodyshop advised me that the respray and bleading over onto the adjoining panel would be the only option and it would look as new. But NCS have challenged that and said that it would never be as new by doing that due to the temperatures etc. Therefore i have paid for a brand new car but recieved a damaged one which ther dealer CANNOT restore to its original and brand new condition. I am currently seeking a replacement or a refund under the sale of goods

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Ncs dont know what they are talking about the body shop is right repair the damage and blend
the panel into the next panel as good as new if not better

·
Registered
233 Posts
Glen Duke said:
I found a paint defect on me White Duke. On the back wing part of the panel was unpainted and showed as a black line. Took the Juke back to the dealer and they took photos and sent them to Nissan. Still waiting for authorisation for the dealer to respray.
Hi Glen

Have you got approval from Nissan yet for work to be done? I am still waiting. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Marmajuke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the approval from Nissan got the car fixed. Was informed that brush hairs had got into the paint process. The work was completed to my satisfaction. Thanks Parks Nissan Eastkilbride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not got the front wing issue as yet but will keep a eye on it. I spoke to the Nissan service department and they said I am the only one that has had a paint issue so far. I think the may be talking rubbish!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive now discovered another paint defect on my blade silver Juke. The front bumper on both sides has paint work rippling and peeling off. It is situated on the edge of the pannel where the bumper panel meets the wing, above the centre of the wheel arch. It is identical on both sides. Ive had so many problems with my car it is unbelievable. I've had enough. I have free access to solicitors through my work and im going down the lines Sale of Goods, and Breach of Contract for a replacement car or full refund, and to be quite honest ive lost all confidence in Nissan's so i think the refund and a completely different manufacture may be on the cards. Its a shame because i think the Juke is a great looking car, but im not putting up with all my problems anymore (number plates falling off,screw in the tyre on the first day, burning smell and smoke from the engine, a rattley noise from the engine at 2000-2500rpm making it sound like an old diesel taxi, paint chips when delivered, body panels out of line, burning rubber smell from F/O/S wheels)Its too much for one car. All this within 7 weeks of ownership.

Best of luck guys !!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Poor you - you really havent had a good time of it... Its sad when you have an experience like that and especially when you have to struggle to return it...I hope you get the situation sorted out to your satisfaction - would you consider a replacement JUKE in same spec if offered?Fee x

·
Registered
31 Posts
I may have done however i've just been reading the thread on the fault with the bumper rubbing against the panels which is causing the problem and its obvious that this will happen to any replacement vehicle too. Im going to be speaking to my solicitor to discuss my options. I've been advised both from my solicitor and Consumer Direct that under the sale of Godds act it stipulates a product (including vehicles) should be "Free from minor defect" and if this is the case the remedys available by Law are repair , replacement, or refund. I think it may be the last option for me. Im sick. Every day i get in my car i turn the key in the ignition with a cringe on my face thinking what is going to happen next. Im not prepared to go on like that. I want to enjoy my car, I spent 3 years working hard to save up to buy it no one on here should have to go through this rubbish.

Take care

Phil

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
snaremeister, first the bumpoer chip issue will be sorted
may I suggest you pm Nissan on here state you woes and what you want
I am of the opinion that Nissan will do the right thing they just need the owner to state what they want
I may not be wording this as I should but basically try direct contact first to see what they offer not through the dealer but straight to Nissan hence why I say pm them on here You may be surprised
I know of 2 people who have successfully argued to get what they wanted from Nissan over issues with their cars
good luck

·
Registered
233 Posts
Glen Duke said:
I have not got the front wing issue as yet but will keep a eye on it. I spoke to the Nissan service department and they said I am the only one that has had a paint issue so far. I think the may be talking rubbish!!!
Hi Glen

Pleased to hear you got the paintwork sorted out. Mine is in next week so hopefully will get sorted out. Just gutted that I have 4 different parts that need respraying. Dosn't feel like I have a new car anymore. Still love him though.

The garage also told me that paint issues like mine have never been known before. Definately talking rubbish!!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
MarmajukeI am gutted that you have had your issues - its never the same once your car goes into the garage when its new.. There is a definite feeling of paranoia which creeps in...Hope you get sorted too ....Fee xxx

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Fee. Will update post when I gethim back (hopefully) next Friday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts