Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved driving my new juke this week, but and its a big BUT, I am in pain! I have never suffered with lower back pain in my life, but the day after my new arrival I woke up with sciatica. This has now become severe lower back pain with sciatica, and I am lying down and struggling to get up.

I noticed the drivers seat in the juke seems to face slightly to the middle of the car. I also feel that it is lower on the left than the right. Hubby cant notice it and it certainly looks ok. Anyone else noticed any probs? I really hope its not the car causing my pain cos I love her. Am bit upset to say the least!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I have not noticed anything, Hope you feel better soon and it's not the car xxxx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The drivers seat only (but I havent sat in passenger seat yet!). It feels like the left hand side of it sits lower and further back than the right hand side. Hope that makes sense??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh bean, that's rubbish.

I get lower back pain quite easily, (judo injury!), but driving Hiro hadn't brought this on, and I've driven him 250 miles straight and it's not been a problem, where as I've driven a range rover sport the same journey and been stretching beyond belief as soon as I stopped...

The lack of lumber support is a bit rubbish but have you got everything perfectly set up? Right height, right distance etc? (that's not meant as a derrrr comment, but it does take time! Especially as you can't see the front!')

Back pain is rubbish, and so I hope you feel better soon - cold and warm compresses every 15 mins please!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is called Gertie and she is set up just right........I think! I have got the seat as high as it will go as I prefer that position. Feels really comfy......apart from my back and leg!!! I do know of other people who have had to get rid of a certain model of car because of this sort of thing. I do hope its not Gertie. I havent been in her for a couple of days......too much pain sadly :(

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Oh dear bean,

I agree with ddfred about setting your position, my hubby never drove my Juke for the first three weeks, because during that time you have to find the best for you.

I now know it's height six clicks up and the distance from the wheel and pedals is spot on.

Hope you find a set up that suits you, or go back and have the check the seat alignment.

Lj

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
bean if you think the seat isnt right pop it into the dealer try one while you are their to satisfy yourself its the seat, it may have been in correctly fitted or faulty it happens but you need to get it to dealer to be sure one way or the other

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have Hiro in the highest position, and pretty close (I'm 5ft 3), but honestly I find him more comfortable than lots of cars, go back to the dealer and get them to check the seat alignment.

Hope you feel better

x

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a bad back and usually get really sore on long journeys but I've found my Juke is one of the best I've ever driven. It can take a while to get used to the height and the angle of your feet down onto the pedals so keep messing with the seat position and see if you can find settings that suit you. I agree with the others - if you think the seat is wonky, get it checked by your dealer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just to chip in another voice.

If the seat seems turned or tilted in some way
and you know it's not you then take Gertie back
and have it checked while you wriggle about on
the seat of another juke and see if it's the same.

I have more back injuries than i can count and so
far I haven't had much trouble with Pogo in normal driving.
Although the lack of reach adjustment on the steering
wheel made the return drive from Cornwall last month
a bit of an ordeal as my shoulders were slightly forward.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have had no problem in my own but as has being said already, go back down the dealer and see what they say and when there jump into another one and see if the problem is the same.

Do you have an armrest fitted? Maybe fitting one might make you more comfortable when driving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My previous car (BMW 120D M Sport) had an offset driving position - the seat was a little off to the left of centre to the steering wheel and pedals- and therefore I actually prefer the seats in the Juke than the Beemer. Much more supportive and comfortable. As others say, maybe get the dealer to check it out in case it's not fitted correctly.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Bean, sorry to hear about your problem, in the beginning i had some problems with the driving position. ( I have a muscular disease since 10 years a go). Then i took my time to adjust the seat completely,( it took me about 30 min
) since then i had no problems anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
bean,
if you are suffering with sciatica and back pain, I'd sugest you go and see a doctor as the dealer will only be able to sort out a misaligned seat. Sciatica is a symptom of another medical problem, not a medical condition on its own.
I suffer with sciatica, due to collapsed disks, but having driven the Juke around for a week, I have not felt any ill affects.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bean,
I've had sciatica on and off for years, I've had no problems after driven around in my duke for a week. Get better soon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still suffering and its definately worse when I am driving my Juke and for hours afterwards. She is back with the dealer to get seat alignment checked today. Am fed up :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds like a seat issue had something similar on a merc it felt softer on one side than the other - warranty replaced it as it had a faulty bit in it

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Had a BMW with a twisted seat, only realised it when I took it to the garage for a service and the technician pointed it out. Seat frame had snapped one side. Managed to get a new seat from the scrapyard. Back used to ache real bad after a long journey.Hope they find the problem with the Juke and your back improves too.
Good luck,
12inch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts