Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for andytran

didnt want to spam holdcrofts thread by replying there so started this

i know exactly what you mean about
"Richard" in Delhi call centre
I find overseas customer service centres have no idea
recently had an issue with my phone supplier PLUSTNET called the call centre at the weekend got nowhere so waited til Monday called again got UK call centre and got total resolution
so now if i get put thru to overseas i hang up call during the week if customer service is still overseas i ring the sales centre as they are always UK based

good luck hope you get it sorted

anyone else had enough of overseas centres that dont have a clue about customer service

mind I think NCS is as bad and they are here

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well keep away from Admaral insurance, great when you buyor quote thecalls are takenin the UK, but as soon as you need customer service you are dumped in India....

Oh and Virgin Media...Great Products (TV, Internet) but again, service is done in India...unless you specifically ask to be put back to the UK!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes got admiral well until renewal they are appalling
0870 number aswell although i have found a way around that
call the freephone sale number then select exisiting customer option works everytime

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never thought of that!!
I'm ditching them too on our renewal as well. They just charged us £18.00 to change address, and its in the same postcode area. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another thought for you admiral will only pay market value on new car not replacement as some decent insurers do so will have to change or take out Gap

·
Registered
120 Posts
I thought all insurers just paid market value?? Shows what I know!! We were looking at GAP insuranceas (when)the Juke arrives as we willhave 2 60 plates... I can get gap forboth cars for about £200.... We couldnt afford to loose out on the difference in finance and market value...mind you, who could! Edited by: MrWhiskins

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MrWhiskins said:
I thought all insurers just paid market value?? Shows what I know!! We were looking at GAP insuranceas (when)the Juke arrives as we willhave 2 60 plates... I can get gap forboth cars for about £200.... We couldnt afford to loose out on the difference in finance and market value...mind you, who could!
is that replacemnet car Gap or return to invoice
if its replacement car give me details as i cant get it that low i can return to invoice for that figure presuming you price would be halved for 1 car of course

·
Registered
120 Posts
It was GAP insurance..... The one that pays you the difference between the market value you would get from the insurance and what is owed on the finance meaning you are not out of pocket.

Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
142 Posts
there are 3 different types
1 pays you the difference between what the insurance pay out and whats owed on finance2 pays the difference between ins pay out and what you paid for the car originally3 pays for a new one

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check the T&C's as on one of the sites (not through the above I might add) this statement is hidden away...which if I'd had an admaril policy would have made it invaild
Eligibility
• Your vehicle is less than 7 years old.
• Your vehicle has covered less than 80,000 miles.
• Your vehicle is not an excluded vehicle under paragraph 5 of this policy.
• The value of your vehicle does not exceed the maximum purchase price of £75,000.
• You hold a full UK driving licence.
• Your vehicle is valued in Glass’s guide under its index number.
• Your vehicle is covered by a motor insurance policy by an authorised UK Insurer for its full value as listed in Glass’s guide and not on a ‘market value policy’.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what a load of crap, just read another gap companies terms and conditions was only looking at this to save me changing insurance but as t&c just about exclude everything think i will just change insurance and lose the 6 months no claims off to Direct line brand new replacement in first 12months

·
Registered
575 Posts
It doesn't make Gap insurance rubbish. You just need to get the right GAP and be wary of online scams. As I said before, I used an online quote to get my dealer to give me GAP for 50% of what's he's asking. I'm a financial adviser so check the T&Cs carefully on any insurance and I don't have a clause like that listed!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
trouble my dealer said the best he could do was £250 for a RTI which is twice what any online quote was and that was after he gave me £100 off it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts