Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who will be that lucky pet enjoyingthose Juke rides with you ??

This idea came about thanks to Hudson, who ordered an armrest;
"I've ordered a leather one, my dog sits with his chin on my current arm rest. Also I can imagine him switching the heated seats on with his chin! He used to put the roof up and down on my 206cc when we stopped at traffic lights".

... And what about your pet? .... where do you think his/her favourite seating spot will be inyour Juke?
Post a picture of your pet

PS: ... and for those who have no pets, enjoy this topic

Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... And here's Didi !! ......... when she was a puppy, she used to sit on my lap whilst I drove, now she either sits in the back seat, or passenger seat enjoying the wind.
In the new Juke, it will be the back seat for her, she can now enjoy it, as I can put the back window down ........... could not do that in my Aygo!

Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a two and a half year old 30kg Magyr Vizsala (Hungarian Hunting Dog). I also drive a Qashqai with the full dog package. I ordered this with my Juke. The rear of the Juke is much smaller than the Qashqai and when Bexter tried the Juke he was totally ok and actually seemed happier with the smaller compartment. (Reason being that here in the Alps we have a lot of bends). He became a master at sliding from side to side.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have 3 cockers but they can go in the Volvo! I have a baby-seat in the back for my grandson (aged 2) so there's not much room.

·
Registered
26 Posts
coupecruiser said:
I have a two and a half year old 30kg Magyr Vizsala (Hungarian Hunting Dog). I also drive a Qashqai with the full dog package. I ordered this with my Juke. The rear of the Juke is much smaller than the Qashqai and when Bexter tried the Juke he was totally ok and actually seemed happier with the smaller compartment. (Reason being that here in the Alps we have a lot of bends). He became a master at sliding from side to side.
When you say the rear do you mean the boot? I've got 2 dogs ( Collie-25kg & terrier-15kg) and I was hoping that they would fit in the boot space but no one seems to think they will. If not I'll have to just cover the back seats for them!

·
Registered
202 Posts
We are thinking of getting a new dog later in the year and will definately be putting him/her on the rear seats with a seatbelt harness. I just do not like the idea of a dog in the boot of the car as this is a major crumple zone in the event of a rear end RTC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes thats true. I've got an astra at the mo and they travel in the boot when were going really short journeys as its quicker than lining the seats ready for the dog hair infestation, and on the back seats for longer journeys. I'm just really lazy and drive them the 1/2 mile to the beach rather than walk the extra 5 mins! When my Juke arrives I'll have to stop being lazy and just walk!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have my two lovely labradors on the back seat only with seat belts, seat extenders and a fitted car seat cover. I have never put any dog in the boot space and recently I was unfortunate enough to witness the sad loss of two dogs when someone ran in the back of the car they were in the boot of. A chilling sight I have to say.

·
Registered
796 Posts
two dogs in the back of a Juke? I dont think so. I took Bexter to the Dealer to try him in the back and although I ordered the dog package, I think that I will have to get seat covers for the rear seats.

I was rear ended in my roadster last year and this is always in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had the Subaru for 2 years and my Cocker Spaniel has never been in there - not that he's not a good traveller - he is brilliant and sleeps all the time but I couldn't face getting the nose marks off the windows inside, the hairs on the seats etc etc - I don't see him being able to go in the Juke for a long long long time if at all

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
jayannlay said:
I have 3 cockers but they can go in the Volvo! I have a baby-seat in the back for my grandson (aged 2) so there's not much room.

Wait till JOY reads that post...... 3 cockers!

My little boy has two goldfish, don't think they be going anywhere in my juke

Lj

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Cairn Terrier, Pip, and he will be travelling on the back seat of my Juke. He has a seat belt harness to keep him safe. I use a sling style back seat cover which does a good job of protecting the seats. In my last carPip liked to look out the window, putting his front paws on the door armrest with the result that over the years it got a bit scratched. This was not a problem in my Astra a bit of back to black and it looked like new but I don't think this will be the case with the high gloss red plastic. Any ideas about what I can do to protect it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Buy a trailer and put Pip in there - He wont cause too much damage to the car
He would probably like that. If only I 'd got the dealer to fit a hitch.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts