Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righty-Ho! I've had my Juke for 7days and so I thought I'd give you all my first impresions.

History
My last 3 cars have been the various 3 marks of Micra. So, the wife and I, wanted something a bit more radical and comfortable to drive. We have not got any kids so we did not want a massive car, just something, a bit more than boring transport. We saw the Juke and fell in love with it. Then we saw the price and started looking at a note or even a cube! Then we just decided to bite the bullet and get a Juke. I researched the models and decided on the 1.6 manual Acenta plus premium pack for the electronic toys. (Metallic Black with the funky red interior)

Dealer
Went to Mill Nissan in Harrogate North Yorks as they did the car for £13.4K (+£250 for 3 years servicing) This was done via Orangewheels.com. My local dealer was a waste of time and would not budge on price. Your loss Glyn Hopkin! I had my micra to part -ex, but it had 93K on the clock, so we only got £900 for it.
The dealer kept me informed on the phone and was helpful and professional throughout the transaction. Took almost exactly 1 month from order to picking up the car. I would rate them Excellent! They even threw in some mats just because I asked nicely!

Looks
The car looks stunning and I think it's a really cool design. People turn and stare at the car and so far, I've had a few waves from people. Nice! The interior is so comfy and the Nissan Connect system seems brilliant to me. Although I'm still getting used to all the functions. I washed the car carefully and applied Autoglym resin polish in an effort to keep it nice & shiny.

Driving
The car feels positive, grippy and sporty on the road. The little 1.6 engine feels urgent and it has plenty of power for a small unit. I am keeping the revs down and running the car in, a bit, to start with. The brakes are excellent and the steering precise and for such a tall car the body roll is kept to a minimum. The headlights were woeful, so I've swapped the bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers and the sidelights for the blue ones...Nice! I even enjoy a short drive to the shops in this car, it's excellent! The high driving postion feels safe because you can see further up the road. I'm getting 42.3mpg according to the computer and that's not bad at all. So far, it's done 460miles.

Things I'd Change

It needs the curry hook that I had in my Micra. The boot space is divided up by all sorts of crazy trays and stuff. It needs the spare wheel (I may buy one soon).
Some of the plastics are a bit on the cheap side (But they are building to a price).
But apart from that, It's great!

Oh, and to the person that opened their white car door, onto the wing and dinged my paintwork, I hope you die a long and painful death!

Conclusion
What a fantastic little/big car!

Ouch!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a little fold-away hook on the passenger side of the dashboard, that lets you secure the handles of your takeaway bag. The takeaway then stays upright and spillage free, until you get home.
The best feature in the micra, by far!
I think it was actually for ladies handbags, but everyone uses it for curry!

See here!

http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/when-my-juke-arrives-i-will-miss_topic3457.html

Ouch!

Edited by: Ouch!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thanks for sharing your review with us. Glad you like it, shame about the scrape to your paintwork. Isit bad?
Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
nice review,ouch,but curry hook,even up here in the wild and wooly north we get our currys deliverd,even from the biggest c urry house in the world,[check it out]

·
Registered
452 Posts
glencairn said:
nice review,ouch,but curry hook,even up here in the wild and wooly north we get our currys deliverd,even from the biggest c urry house in the world,[check it out]
I was up there, many years ago, as an evacuee. It was certainly wild and woolly, to a kid from London.Didn´t have ANY of the so-called ethnic minorities back then,to delivercurries, etc.Have they done away with the trams yet??

·
Registered
452 Posts
coupecruiser said:
So are Ethnkcs mainly used to deliver curries?
No, coupecruiser, the ethnic minorites cook the curries and the ethnic majorities deliver them!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
so pilgrim,how is the euro,are we going to have to bail you lot out as well

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Pilgrim said:
glencairn said:
 I was up there, many years ago, as an evacuee. It was certainly wild and woolly, to a kid from London.Didn´t have ANY of the so-called ethnic minorities back then, to deliver curries, etc.Have they done away with the trams yet??
not too keen on the ethnic jibes,

·
Registered
452 Posts
glencairn said:
Dunno mate. Señor Zapatero says we (that includes me, the Pretender)don´t need any help?Trouble is, so many politicians, the UK ones included, say one thing and then backtrack when it all goes wrong, saying "my comments were taken out of context."The strength of the Euro and the weakness ofmy hard-earned, through the yearspound, has ruptured my pension, it´s nearly on a par, so get your finger out please!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Pilgrim said:
glencairn said:
 Dunno mate. Señor Zapatero says we (that includes me, the Pretender) don´t need any help? Trouble is, so many politicians, the UK ones included, say one thing and then backtrack when it all goes wrong, saying "my comments were taken out of context." The strength of the Euro and the weakness of my hard-earned, through the years pound, has ruptured my pension, it´s nearly on a par, so get your finger out please!!

so did cc and me take your ethnic quotes out of context,!!!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Absolutemente, Señores!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts