Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christ i'm in a dilema, i work away for half the year, do about 8-10,000 miles a year, which engine should i go for the 1.6 petrol or upgrade to the 1.6 DiGT one, its about £1600 more, will it be worth it? My better half says go for the faster one.
I drive a Golf Gti at the mo, and although i'm not a speed demon i do like a turn of speed when i need it for overtaking.....
Ah boll=ks just don't know what to do?

·
Registered
142 Posts
DIG-T all the way, if you are used to Torque, the normally aspirated one will feel gutless, I'm swapping from a 520d which is hardly a ball of fire but I felt it was too slow for me

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i found the normal one fine but then i do currently have either a 1.2 auto micra and a 1.4 hdi 206

why dont you get the wait times from the dealer and then decide extra power is always handy
and its not that much more

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you drive a GTI and go for the standard version, you'll spend the next 2-3 years (or however long you have the car) wishing you'd got the quicker one. The first time you go to overtake and the car doesn't respond, you'll regret it. Trust me, I've been there when I've been occasionally "sensible" and ordered a car with less power or a diesel for fuel efficiency (sorry diesel lovers)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
DiG-T 100%. if you can afford the extra £1600 and also the extra petrol do it! That's what we would have bought if we could have afforded it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd go for the DIG-T. I've had turbo diesels for years,had a test drive last week in the standard 1.6 and knew straight away it had to be the turbo.
Rgds
Colin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts