Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject claims, i'm here to post something that is a bit of a doubt and a bit of a info.
I am about to make my order for the Juke, and i have two dealers near my living area. I went to one and they gave me a price and the most cool thing is that they would get me a juke exactly as i want to the next week because someone give up the order. I said i was think that out and give a response in a couple of days. Then i went to the other dealer, and the same car, the same specs, almost 600€ cheaper. The thing is that i will have to wait about two months for the car. So the information i want to give is that if you have more than one dealer near you, go check if the prices are the same. And my doubt is... I will go for the cheaper dealer and wait for two months. Do you think i choose right?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes most people in Uk do play one dealer off against the other. My suggestion to you is go back to the dealer that has one for immediate delivery tell him you can get it cheaper at other garage and are prepared to wait so will he drop his price remember if he has a cancelled order he probably has the deposit money from it so can afford to drop a little worth a try then you may get it for the price you want and quicker

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yep _ i agree with DEKS -- do exactly that - its a buyers market. If he says no - no harm done - pay the lower amount and wait a wee bit longer....

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok. i will do that. Tomorrow i call the higher price dealer to see what can be done. I'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, i did as you told. He said he was going to talk to his boss and see what he can do. Not before the questions like, the same car? with the same specs? Premium? with the same offers? lol. Now let's wait until tomorrow to see what they say...

·
Registered
659 Posts
He didn't just say no. That's a very good sign. Maybe settle on 450E discount? More if you can get it for sure! Good luck.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I thought that Europeans were fantastic at haggling..... At least you have tried.

I discovered today that I had actually negotiated a free Bluetooth kit and spare wheel to be addedfree of chargeto my CIVIC order- God knows how I did it? Probably bored the man to tears or frightened him witless - dont know which

If you dont ask - you dont get

Fee x

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i thoug of sharing the result of bargaining here... you just won't believe.

The dealer called and told me that he could only do 200€ less, and my
other offer was 600€ lower. so i told him if that was his best offer,
then we didn't have nothing else to talk about. He started being rude to
me saying many things (i won't even post here), like i had to accept a
higher offer. He almost hang up on my face. I was really amazed with
this.

As i thought it were done, the phone rings again. The same dealer called
again now all smoothy like the previous phonecall never happened.
Asking about an offer they would do, because they said they would give
me parking sensors if i were interested, wich i am not now. And he said
that with that offer he couldn't go lower. Then we started arguing again
because the guy just started accusing me of not wanting to buy the car,
and some other crazy stuff. In the end, he says he can lower his price
almost 900€. And i told him, now he could lower his price for half that i
wouldn't buy the car from them. I feel amazed with the nerve of this
dealers.

I just have to tell that i have came now from test driving a diesel juke
in the other dealer and it's just fantastic. I loved it. I'm a bit
concerned about the mpg, but i don't know if it's gonna stop me.

Sorry for the long text...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well done... if you don't drive many miles I don't think the diesel is worth the extra. But you will have to work this out for yourself because you will know how much money you have to spend,

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I certainly wouldnt have bought from him after speaking to you like that!!!!!

Thats terrible...

As for the diesel engine - its got amazing power and the 6 speed gearbox is fantastic... AS DOugal says - the fuel consumption may be an issue but then again you will know if you drive in mostly town or country...

All the best - hope you make the right decision!!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
Short journeys are terrible. 30 mpg. Short for me is half a mile. A journey of 5 miles is more like 35 mpg. Mid forties is possible for a longer journey like 50 miles or so.

My average is 42 mpg and that includes all types of driving. If you do any town driving I don't think you'll get much better than me. There is a member here with a driving school car and he is getting 48 using it all day. That seems unusual though for most of us who have diesels.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, that scares me a little. We live in the age of economic engines, and mpg save so it's a bit hard to buy a diesel that will consume more than my present car, wich is also a diesel with almost 15 years. I really want to order the car but i got think it trough a bit more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts