Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to collect her new Dig-T 4WD CVT-M6 this afternoon from a dealer in London (area and name withheld). All went well, vehicle perfect and well presented. Purchase completed by debit card and off for the rundown on how it all works. Thirty minutes later we set off onto the dual carriageway and half a mile to a big roundabout and it stalls and will not restart.

Typical London drivers response lean on horns (tosspots, glad we are going to move away soon), we manage to roll around the corner off the roundabout and stop. Call garage and they send someone out very quickly. Diagnosis, no petrol!!!!!!

They bring some out and back to the garage and apparently when they did the PDI, they forgot to put any petrol in. We were headed for a garage, but enough petrol for half a mile, Jeeez.

End result, they filled the tank which must have cost about £70. Moral of story, ask the garage how much petrol has been put in and if in doubt ask for more.

PS car is fabulous and will give it a proper test tomorrow after we have calmed down. 250 mile drive planned for Saturday.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's one of those funny but not so funny stories. At least they filled the tank for you & I bet you felt a little sheepish for not checking yourselfin the first place.
Put it behind you and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Any one of us could have had a similar story. There is so much technology in the Juke that a collection slot is scant time to understand everything, especially when all you want to do is get in the **** thing and drive. This is doubly true when you have been waiting up to 6 months for the pleasure.
So spare a thought for Roger48 and others like him and also those to come.
I have had mine for two weeks now. I have neither opened the bonnet or the manual as yet as I am still driving it at every opportunity.
Day off tomorrow, might just peep under the bonnet. And then sit down somewhere comfortable and read the manual.
12inch

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
You relax **** - you deserve it!!!!!!

Roger48 - Your worst nightmare I can imagine - I bet though that you felt like a right prat for not checking the gauge - lesson learned

Happy Driving though and ENJOY

Fee x

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If you open the electronic manual in Preview, select all, open Textedit, paste all, you can then have it spoken to you

·
Registered
316 Posts
Could've been worse I suppose,
at least they didn't put Diesel in it!

Minehad a nearly empty tank on collection, but fortunately Morrison's was nigh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We did actually ask and were told there would be about £10 worth, enough to get to a garage, about two miles away.

If that were true, the fuel consumption would be akin to a Bugatti Veyron at 200mph! It is tricky to tell from the panel when you have not really seen it before. But the saleslady was not to know that none had been put in.

Ah well, all done now, went for an hour drive this morning, set up satnav and paired our phones, it is a smashing car, great ride and comfortable seats (nearly put comfartable
). I think the handling will be great, but not driven it far as not my car.

Off on a 250 mile round trip on Saturday, so I will get to drive as well.

Now need to sell my wife's old car. Anybody want a 2008 Ford KA with 5,600 miles on the clock?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
really interested to read a review of it when you get back roger fuel consumption interests me aswell
as its a turbo 4wd auto would like to know how it fares in the real world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts