Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Put our deposit down on Friday for a Blade silver Acenta Premium 1.6!
Should be getting it this Wed, as they have got it in already at Marshalls Cambridge.
Gonna Miss our Qashqai Tekna's extra options & the extra ompf from the 2L Diesel but sure
the feel & funky design of the Juke will make up for that!
So tempted to go for the DIG, Thay said we could have have one for Nov but as we couldn't see/test drive it, it just felt abit wrong! maybe in a years time when this ones all paid for!

Been looking up sites on the best way to run in an engine, surprisingly many say not to go to
soft on it & give it a varied rev & gear change, really to drive it as you would from the start! something about 'piston ring sealing'

See this link

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers F W!
We certainly are lucky, our dealer had a promo for £500 off list price & i managed to
get a bit more off too!
What did you think to the link i posted?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hiya mightygoo,

Had a quick look at the article and will have a proper read at some point. To be honest this is my first new car so never run an engine in before, so probably not the best person to ask lol.

But I wouldsayhow much of the article deals with performance engines? Also is there an argument that the car maker is covering there back by saying to go easy at first because there will always be some numpty that revs the nuts of it and then trys to claim "but you never said not to!!" So mayby this guys point is valid.

I don't know, but like I said I probably not the best person to ask. Buti'm sure one of the many lovely helpful people on here can offer more assistance.

FW.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a phone call from dealer today!
Good & bad news, good news, the finance figure was slightly better but then he said that the
car isn't here yet!
Gutted.
He said if it comes in the morning, he'll do his best to get it ready but probably be ready
for thurs/friday now!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh bud, picked mine up today and it is brilliant. And I seriously do mean that too. I'll put my first impresions in another topic but I tell you it is def worth the wait.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whahay, nice one matey, glad your happy with it!
Rained today anyway, so glad we didn't get it, tomorrow is looking better so here hoping!
Keep us posted with your findings!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks mightgoo forgot about the sig. Yeah it rained for me too which is why I not posted pics yet. Not that you will be bothered after tommorrow

Enjoy it bud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts