Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One month and 500 miles on and impressions change slightly.
Love:the way it looksposition on the roadreversing cameraauto climate controlphone connectivity
Niggles still:
Can't find the keyhole in the darkcan't see the window controlspillar between windscreen and door mirror creates a blind spotnon heated wing mirrors

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
and that just about sums it up, hopefully Nissan will rectify some of the niggles on future models although that wont heelp us

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
silverjuke said:
One month and 500 miles on and impressions change slightly.
Love:the way it looksposition on the roadreversing cameraauto climate controlphone connectivity
Niggles still:
Can't find the keyhole in the darkcan't see the window controlspillar between windscreen and door mirror creates a blind spotnon heated wing mirrors
Dito, although the child in me chuckled @ the can't find the hole in the dark ;) I've put the rear window down faaar to often now, my trick is to feel the bump of the lock doors button ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh, i feel the bump in the lock button as well. My only niggles are no heated mirrors, and cigarette lighter socket goes off when car is off. Bit useless if I want to charge my phone, unless I'm on the road!

·
Registered
97 Posts
dont the keys have lock un lock button on them please dont tell me i have to use a key in a lock to unlock and lock it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
YES THE KEYS REMOTE UNLOCK what they are talking about is key hole in ignition and the lock buttton by window controls

·
Registered
175 Posts
Personally I don't have an issue with the window switch pack not being completely illuminated as the drivers window switch (front right) is lit upwith ignition on, so I use this asa reference for the other 3...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok 6 weeks in and my impressions
Love

Looks and styling - what a head turner.
High seating position
Reversing camera
Turbo power and 6 gears
Sat nav and blueetooth audio/phone
Climate control
Lighting -6 lights on the front

Niggles

Like others its finding the ignition key position and electric window switches in the dark
Audio volume on steering wheel -makes it dificult if your steering wheel isn't square on.
I am amazed how difficult I have found it in the snow although I accept how bad the snow has been. This tempts me to get the 4 wheel drive in a few years time

Summary

In the main absolutely love the car - great presence on the road , wonderful to drive. I have often paid in excess of £20000 for a car and had all sorts including Sports carsand Bmw's and ok although the quality of for example the interior doesnt match up to my former cars the whole driving experience is better. So in summary a great value for money car and the best I have owned. Love it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Audio volume on steering wheel -makes it dificult if your steering wheel isn't square on.
I noticed that. Turning sharply round a corner and the phone rings - it takes a second or two to find the accept call button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmmm. Part of what makes me unperturbed at probably ordering the FWD/MT version is that I have found that all the electronic aids (traction control, brake force distribution, etc...) seemed to make my MINI almost as good as a four wheel drive, or at least similar in terms of preventing skidding and keeping one safe. I'm not suggesting that it's nearly as good as the Juke AWD, but in comparison with cars of old, I found that all these electronic compensatory mechanisms seem to be good enough to make me not care about AWD and its typical downsides (increased weight, lower fuel-economy).

As far as snow and ice, I don't think any car will give you a free pass to drive with abandon. You still have to use winter driving sense. In my mind, if the MINI was rather [surprisingly] good in snow (except for the horrible ground clearance), the Juke must be brilliant. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
darex said:
Hmmm. Part of what makes me unperturbed at probably ordering the FWD/MT version is that I have found that all the electronic aids (traction control, brake force distribution, etc...) seemed to make my MINI almost as good as a four wheel drive, or at least similar in terms of preventing skidding and keeping one safe. I'm not suggesting that it's nearly as good as the Juke AWD, but in comparison with cars of old, I found that all these electronic compensatory mechanisms seem to be good enough to make me not care about AWD and its typical downsides (increased weight, lower fuel-economy).

As far as snow and ice, I don't think any car will give you a free pass to drive with abandon. You still have to use winter driving sense. In my mind, if the MINI was rather [surprisingly] good in snow (except for the horrible ground clearance), the Juke must be brilliant. Am I mistaken?
Fatter tyres and higher centre of gravity don't make snow driving that good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Must admit I too have found driving this thing in the snow and ice a bit unpleasant. Thought it would be better quite honestly. I think if the weather doesnt improve I am going to ask my fleet company for winter tyres.Everything else is spot on. Smitten with my little car....So smitten that my children still arent allowed in it..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought the phone system is hands free and autoanswer would be an option along with voice command so you don't need to touch a button...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love the style of my Juke, I smile every time I see it. Bluetooth phone seems brill. There is a lack of storage compartments tho, but I guess that'll stop me filling it up with junk. Petrol does seem to go down quick in sport mode but this is def the best mode to drive in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts