Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be missing something here but why is the on off button there?

I thought it might be a fault on the juke but it is the same on the micra.

It doesn't switch the unit on when the ignition is off and it doesn't switch the unit off when the ignition is on.

Not an issue, just an observation. Why not call it a mute button !!!

Or am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
well when i push the button the sound system turns off and the welcome to satnav screen is displayed. To the the screen off completely, hold down the day/night button. the clock is still displayed tho.
Or am i missing the topic here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
why turn up a really crap sound system?
Lol i must admit i am far from happy with the 6 speakers set that came in the juke. Maybe with time the speakers will wear in and give a better sound but im finding more and more things that Nissan did on the cheap.
We have soft paint, very thin body panel's and over all plasticy feel to the car. Im treating it like a expensive egg shell at the moment instead of a sturdy 2 ton chunk of metal.
Maybe this is just me lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
meaga-byte said:
why turn up a really crap sound system?
Lol i must admit i am far from happy with the 6 speakers set that came in the juke. Maybe with time the speakers will wear in and give a better sound but im finding more and more things that Nissan did on the cheap.
We have soft paint, very thin body panel's and over all plasticy feel to the car. Im treating it like a expensive egg shell at the moment instead of a sturdy 2 ton chunk of metal.
Maybe this is just me lol
2 ton?? lol nowhere near that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
true but you get my drift.
I guess i just assumed that spending 19K on a new car would mean it was built of sturdier stuff. With the Juke i seem to have made a lot of assumptions tho lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
With the amount of plastic and thin sheet metal if you were in a crash the whole body would crumble and fall apart thus saving the drive. Very much like a formula one car. very very good for safety. very bad if you have a fat kat that sleeps on your bonnet and gets a dumb dent.
Like homer and his couch hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Hmm we are getting a little off topic here and making my self look very cinical. I love my juke honest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
meaga-byte said:
true but you get my drift.
I guess i just assumed that spending 19K on a new car would mean it was built of sturdier stuff. With the Juke i seem to have made a lot of assumptions tho lol
MB...... Come on chap - take £19k into another car dealer and get......

Cool exterior
Great engine
Connect system
Reversing camera
Keyless entry
Etc etc etc

Did you not test drive


Lj
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
MB,I think your digging a big hole here.
Get out while you can.
.
You won't find any new car in this price range any better than the Juke.

Lj2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
lol okay okay. Maybe i am being a little over protective.
I stood at the window at work today watching the garden service using a edge strimmer on the grass around the car park and i was almost in tears thinking about the stones that might hit my beautiful car.
However i was looking at the audi A3 and the BM X1 or M1, something 1 lol
for about the same price bracket albeit a lil more expensive.
And yes i was shocked at just how powerful the Dig-t is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
meaga-byte said:
And yes i was shocked at just how powerful the Dig-t is
I was also shocked at how quick it is my last car (BMW 330CI) was rapid but the DiG-T is no slouch.
I am however having to re-learn how to drive it a little, as there is almost nothing below 2k revs where as the Beemer just pulled at any revs in any gear, that said I always seem to be at 40 before I know it in the Juke, it just does not feel like it is going that fast.
Got to say though the ride is fantastic nicely balanced between comfort and grip it does scare me how a modern car has moved on from my 11 year old £35K Beemer.
loving the 29 mpg around town as well might seem low to some but I was lucky to get 17 out of the beemer and for such a high and heavy car I think it is pretty good, driving just 3 miles across Northwich to work, a Diesel would be less efficient as it would not get warm and the DPF would be in danger of blocking up, plus they don't sound right and putting thefuelin is a dirtyexperience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
meaga-byte said:
lol okay okay. Maybe i am being a little over protective.

I stood at the window at work today watching the garden service using a edge strimmer on the grass around the car park and i was almost in tears thinking about the stones that might hit my beautiful car.

However i was looking at the audi A3 and the BM X1 or M1, something 1 lol

for about the same price bracket albeit a lil more expensive.

And yes i was shocked at just how powerful the Dig-t is
I have got an A3 08 and I am replacing the A3 with the Juke. I had an TT before that... I am sick of paying for all the gadets I like like built in Sat Nav which is currently £1200 as an extra and is no better than connect. The Juke may not have build quality as you suggest but I believe for your money you get far more and a different looking car.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top