Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate official Juke production starting at Sunderland, Nissan have sent out invites toan event on Thursday 26th August at the Nissan Plant Sunderland
In reality they've already made a few hundred Jukes over the last few weeks, but
I'm willing to play along as its a free day out.

Has anyone been to the Sunderland/Washington factory before?
If so what did you see?

Nochance to drive the Juke unfortuantely, just a chance to look and ask questions
but I'm going to try and attend as there's going to be a chance to see the Juke production line
Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hrm strange feeling of deja-vu! lol ;)

Not been to Sunderland factory, however we have been round the Oxford MINI factory before which was cool (although strictly no photography which sucked!)
Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, hope to see you there.
I vaguely remember reading where QQ owners (maybe a club?) had
organised a trip to the Sunderlandfactory. I can't find the details at the moment.

I have been to 'other' car plants, but I've never been to a Nissan factory before.

·
Registered
367 Posts
We used to own a mini and done a mini run to the oxford factory it was well worth it. Hopefully something could be arranged when we all get our new arrivals even though I haven't even ordered yet (watch this space. Have a fab time i'm sure it will be well worth it

·
Registered
329 Posts
KevInJuke said:
To celebrate Juke production starting at Sunderland, Nissan have sent out invites toan event on Thursday 26th August at the Nissan Plant Sunderland
In reality they've already made a few hundred Jukes over the last few weeks, but
I'm willing to play along as its a free day out.

At least one other person from here is going - I mention no names
I'll let them say who they are .
Has anybody else from this forumbeen invited nextThursday?

Has anyone been to the Sunderland/Washington factory before?
If so what did you see?

Nochance to drive the Juke unfortuantely, just a chance to look and ask questions
but I'm going to try and attend as there's going to be a chance to see the Juke production line

Kevin, if you do go and see them building some red ones, make sure they are being especially attentive and dilligent!!!

Andy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Any chance of getting a few pics, Kev, or do you think it'll be like the mini factory mentioned above?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chris78 said:
Any chance of getting a few pics, Kev, or do you think it'll be like the mini factory mentioned above?
The other person fromthis forumwho is going (iamdabe) can take photos far better than me http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamdabe/sets/72157607559654271/)
so as long as he takes his camera we'll be fine.

If I manage to get there, I'll tyr and take a few point-and-squirtpics too.
The advantage of my little happy-snaps camera is that I can slip it in my pocket

I would expect 'ThePress' to be there taking pics too
(even if it's only the Sunderland Echo)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure I read somewhere about a Nissan car club which organised a trip to the Sunderland Plant.
Micra club? Note or QQ club - I can't remember and I can't find the details on the internet at the moment.

It would be interesting toknow what they saw, and what the situation was regarding thetaking of photos.

Photos of the inside of the factory seem a bit few and far between, which is worrying.
A few photos on flickr by RadioFiveLive
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofivelive/3550506605/

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
On one of those 'other' forums one of the guys that worked at the factory said that they were happy to do tours, he suggested visiting in october as production would be in full swing, I'll see if I can find his post!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
KevInJuke (and any others going). Just had confirmation that cameras are allowed at the event, they're encourging bloggers & social media evanglists to tweet, twitpic & flickr at the event!

For any and all who want to keep an eye on whats going on from home be sure to check the hash tag: #jukelaunch http://search.twitter.com/search?q=jukelaunch

I'm gonna see if I can hook up my dslr to an internet connect! ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I've found out thatwe ignore what it said with the map/instructions (namely that camerasare not allowedwithout prior authorisation from the Press Office) It seemsthat we arewelcome to take photos - and there will also be an official Nissan photographer there taking photos of 'our group' with a set of photos being available after the event. I've asked them to send me a set of those and I'll try and put them on this forum.

There are expected to be 80-100 of us there : I'm not sure if we are all facebook/twitter/flickr users

As social-media influencers we are being called together to go, to look, and then spread the Juke word.
That makes us sound like 'saddos' but thefact is that we are keen, eager (andcheap).

I'd still have preferred thechance to borrow a Juke for a day ortwo and then write about it. That would have been better for me,but it's a free day out and free is good.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
KevInJuke said:
As social-media influencers we are being called together to go, to look, and then spread the Juke word.
That makes us sound like 'saddos' but thefact is that we are keen, eager (andcheap).

I'd still have preferred thechance to borrow a Juke for a day ortwo and then write about it. That would have been better for me,but it's a free day out and free is good.
Might have been cheaper too! eh ;) Nissan is being pretty clever leverging us saddos; as you said it's cheap but if done right could reach their target demographic more effectively than traditional ads etc.

Guess we'll see eh! and you never know, they might leave the keys in a juke and one my accidently be mis-placed!

valy63 said:
Take pictures for us who can't go to Sunderland
I've just set up my mobile to post to a temporary flickr which i'll be posting to on thursday, my camera phone is pretty shocking but still it's 'something!' My 'proper' shots will come a little later as they'll need to be procesed and uploaded via my pc.

So for all who's interested save this link:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamphejom/</font>[/url]

You'll have to excuse the Bowling for Soup pics on there at the moment (can you tell I use it LOADS!? :D) I'll try and update this thread with new pics too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Itinerary for the day now received from Nissan

I think we are Bloggers.

Oh well, I've been called worse.

I'm not sure what it all means but if L#2 is the production line,
it seems we could get a couple of chance to see ( and iamdabe tophotograph) the
Juke production line - before and after some food. Photos of production lines
at Sunderland seem a bit rare on the net, and there can't be many 'outsiders' who have seen
the Juke production-line in action

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
All I saw was free food! ;) Incidently you're missing out on breakfast there Kev ;) I'll save you a crossiant! do you prefer chocolate or plain?
Thursday 26th
August:
Sunderland SOP event

10:00: Breakfast and
briefing

11.10: Taxi from
hotel to
plant – please take all luggage with you
Should be a good day, my other half is currently bouncing off the walls, who'd of thought a tour round a factory would get a women so excited!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Athough this is the 'official' start of Juke production, we know from workers at the plant that they are now in full Juke production and were 'practising' for a few weeks before that, making a few dozen Jukes a day, and they have now made 1000+ Jukes.

Can someone take a pair of binoculars, zoom lens camera and a ladder on Thursday
Some of those Jukes will be hiding near the factory (possibly in the distribution centre) and they should look cute all lined up together.
[/b]

On another forum a team leader on the Juke line [username something like Just Mark} said a lot of the recentJukes they'd made had Stop/Start technology, so they must be for export as we don't get that option in the UK yet.

Do they have croissants in Sunderland? if so, save me a choccy one.
It's a bit grim up there - I'm not sure they've even got sliced bread yet.
Edited by: KevInJuke

1 - 20 of 76 Posts