Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It's been a while since i have written anything here. Almost 4 months have passed since i got my Jukey and I have made around 11000km (crazy I know, I think it's a bit too much driving going on, I need to relax a bit.) Anyway, my mileage has improved a bit I guess although I haven't been driving too "Eco", it's just too much fun in sports mode :)

So the other day, it was a nice sunny summer afternoon so my partner and me wanted to go a bit offroad. So we drove on these pebbled roads for a while, had a picnic in the woods and when we returned home, we saw that the plastic part on the bottom of the car( two plastic flaps- i guess they prevent mud and pebbles from being thrown onto the car not sure though) well one of themfell off, not completely but the two screws fell out.
Basically what i'm trying to say is that Ioverestimated the Juke'sability as an off road vehicle. Anyway we screwed the flap back on and now it's all good. Has anyone else done any off road driving???

The other thing i wanted to ask is, I don't know how things work elsewhere, here in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">slovenia</st1:place></st1:country-region> the speed limit on highways is 130km/h so i was wondering what is actually the top speed of the Juke. If anyone has done any experimenting. There's this part on the highway towards the hungarian border about <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="6 km">6 km</st1:metricconverter> where it is "quite safe" to speed up a little bit and I reached max speed of 180km/h and beyond that speed it seemed that the car is blocked. is that even possible???

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the day

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Hi, Zizay, good to see you've been having lots of fun! Hope you took lots of photos and will be posting them very soon

The link below gives top speeds by model. The top speed I have seen described as 'drag limited', so I guess this may explain it:

"The engine does not reach its maximum power before the vehicle reaches its top speed. The aerodynamic design of the vehicle, therefore, limits its maximum speed".

So across the range, the top speeds vary between 106-134 mph (170-214 kph), so your maximum seems right for the model.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=1858

·
Registered
25 Posts
Closest I've ever been to off roading in my Juke was driving through a big puddle.
It'snotreally cut outfor serious off roading, I think of the Juke as a tall supermini.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Acrorat for the explanation and the link.

So nobody has gone off road???

Otaku- I agree it isn't really cut out for some serious off roading. I guess I will stick more to the paved road from now on.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Stormrider said:
It's not an off-road car just because it looks like one!
Albeit they do a 4x4 version that is perhaps more rugged.....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
as for top speed.
I was on a private road and the Juke easily raced up to 125mph (could of gone faster but ran out of road as I wanted to stop as crashing in to my friends property wasn't an option
)
I think vehicles like the Juke and other off road looking vehicles are just in it for the looks and also to handle the awful condition our roads are in

·
Registered
873 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Stormrider said:
It's not an off-road car just because it looks like one!

Albeit they do a 4x4 version that is perhaps more rugged.....
Its drivetrain might be able prevent slippage on slippery surfaces, or get up a steeper hill, but that doesn't make it more 'rugged'. It's still a road car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts