Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my Tekna CVT (Red of Course) for 6 weeks or so now and loving it. Been watching the forum for all the little issues that have been reported and not experienced any of them so lucky I guess.
Not sure if all the Jukes have electric folding mirrors but the Tekna has them, they have the option to manually fold or auto fold. So, I set mine to auto fold when locking the Juke, and when I unlock and start the engine they fold out again. Perfect.
That was until last Friday. Mirrors still fold in on locking but would not open out when starting the Juke. How Odd I thought!! Switching the auto off and on again makes them fold out so no big deal. But Why???
Discovered why today.
I have an old Tom Tom sat nav that needed charging so I plugged it into the cigarette lighter. When this is plugged in the mirrors do not fold out on start up. Remove the charger and they work fine. WTF ???
Reported this to dealer who is adding it to Nissans database of issues that the dealers use. He laughed like a train but could offer no answer.
Will post any updates as I get them - might save someone spending hours looking for the problem with their mirrors.
Any one else had this problem?
12inch

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hey 12Inch, this is a great post as I will use my TomTom 720T in the Juke only for the buddies, speed cam, traffic and so on, so I guess I will use it most of the time which seems a shame because if Nissan realised, they could have had a thing going with TomTom

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good post ****, very well titled as that is one odd fault.
Just curious would you need the Tom Tom when you have the "Connect" Sat Nav? Were you charging it for that just incase moment?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rocks703 said:
Good post ****, very well titled as that is one odd fault.
Just curious would you need the Tom Tom when you have the "Connect" Sat Nav? Were you charging it for that just incase moment?
No mate, I use the tom tom at work for working out my mileage claims for visits to customers, should do it as I go but always end up leaving it till the end of the month.
12inch

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have noticed this on mine...

As you say it closes fine and when you start the car they dont always come out i thought i was knocking the switch on the dash but when i go from off to auto out they come...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scoobie Doo said:
I have noticed this on mine...

As you say it closes fine and when you start the car they dont always come out i thought i was knocking the switch on the dash but when i go from off to auto out they come...
Just to be clear..... This ONLY happens when something is plugged into the cigarette lighter.
12inch

·
Registered
32 Posts
My mirrors dont work at all,with a charger plugged in or not,going back to dealers next week

·
Registered
70 Posts
We had a similar problem when travelling in America. Hire car had satnav but we took our own out with us and used that. If our satnav was plugged in before starting the car then the car wouldn't start. Start the car then plug it in all was fine Now, that was a test of patience and trial and error.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the reason is that some electrical devices (e.g. Tom Tom) don't have anything built in to stop the power from their battery flowing back into the car when it's not charging.. this may cause the electronic control system in the car to see a voltage it's not expecting and so not reset some of the functions. In the Juke's case it seems to onlystop the mirrors from folding correctly so no big deal for me.. I think it's basically a problem/feature with the device and not the car..
Easiest way to resolve this is to wait until the car has started before plugging it in !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
All well and good, but those of you with a diesel are gunna start the car up and then run out of fuel while your sorting your satnav

1 - 15 of 15 Posts