Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mod is about as exciting as it gets!

Apart from my towbar, which was done at Holdcrofts, the only mod I've done to my car now is to change the rear numberplate.

Since I will be towing glider trailers with my car, I had to get a new numberplate made up, so I got a Euro style one done (with the EU flag and 'GB' on the left hand side) and swapped the rear numberplate with this one, using my original rear plate for the trailer.

It took me 2 hours to change over...

About a minute to carefully remove the old plate without damaging the paintwork, then 2 hours to get all the leftover adhesive from the numberplate fixing foam pads that were on there completely removed! After that, only 10 seconds to apply new foam pads to the new plate and stick it on.

What a pain! Still, have my new plate on there now, next step is to remove the adhesive from the back of the old plate and get myself some numberplate holders to put on the backs of the trailers I'll be towing...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have changed mine for a personal reg, it was screwed on, took me about 10 mins and that included drilling the holes into the new plate !!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, mine was stuck on, which I prefer so don't mind the work, just wanted to make sure every last bit of the old adhesive was gone, and didn't want to use solvents for fear of damaging the paint!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts