Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with NissanCustomer Relationship Centre today for the first time to try to obtain a likely delivery date.
I was not surprised to be told that due to delivery problems with the supplier of the CVT gearbox there are delivery delays.
I was advised that it is possible that delivery might now be JUNE so one month added to what I thought was already an absurd time wait.
The lady at the NCRC did promise to follow up on a two week basis with a less than convincing hope that delivery might come forward. I think that based upon the regular update of other JUKE forum members delivery dates have virtually only gone one way and that is not earlier.
My dealer has also agreed to make regular contact with Nissan and update me with progress or lack of it.</font>
</font>I'll post updates as and when new or no news is received from Nissan</font>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dougal,
If there was a real competitor to the JUKE I might.
Maybe by the time our JUKE arrives NISSAN will fit all those extras which should be standard like auto folding wing mirrors and parking sensors - some hope !!

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I had been able to get my wife over the badge, the Skoda Yeti or Octavia Scout would have been serious contenders.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We looked at the Skoda range but nothing came close to the JUKE for wow factor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes have to agree... now if we have to wait long enough it looks like Hyundai are bringing out one that is a copy of the Juke, almost.
I bet it's a lot cheaper too. Might be an option before ours is ready... just depends upon any delays after May. Ha, ha you've got to laugh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your wait. Worthing have kinda brought my date forward to the 14.1.2011 but guess what???? No show and no imminent delivery time. Gutted!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
MUST you have CVT? That would be my thought. The Hyundai is only at the concept car stage.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yep, unfortunately too many years of lifting the left foot onto the clutch have worn out part of my back. Auto is the only practical way for me to drive for any real length of time. I dread the days when we have a courtesy car that is manual. Sitting in long queues of traffic holding the left foot on the clutch and moving it slightly every few seconds would be classed as Repetitive Strain Injury in my books but, who can you sue?So, that's it an auto and comfort for me...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hiya sussexvet, i know how you feel i've got the same problem with mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE - Dealer has been advised by NCS that I now have an estimated delivery date of 21st JUNE which is almost exactly 7 months.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think if i get delayed anymore then im seriously going to consider cancelling, if i had know it was such a long wait in the first place i probably never would of ordered, its just a shame i had my heart set on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered mine 2 days after you and the spec is thesamejust different colour. I have no date yet but the dealer is still saying March/April but really he doesnt know. The only good thing is that ive got a part ex and have a guaranteed value. So the longer it goes the better deal i'm getting. Edited by: kennypowers

·
Registered
166 Posts
The only thing im hoping for is as they are not taking anymore orders for the CVT's the date can only come forward, i've got a part ex aswell which they are gonna honour the price of but the pain in the butt is that the mot and tax are due in march so might have to see if the dealer is willing to give me anything for the extra inconvienience and cost as when i originally placed the order it was delivery for the end of jan so didnt need to worry about it. I really dont want to cancel as i've already been waiting nearly 3 months

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer told me that my original date of Feb/March is now more like May/June!!!

"There are worldwide issues with Juke automatic gearboxes. Since mid December Nissan GB have suspended orders on the two wheel variant. Four wheel drives are still open to ordering"

I am now in two minds whether to proceed with the order or look elsewhere.
Also an apology from the dealer wouldn't go amiss!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Maybe keep order running with your own dealer and look elsewhere. They are like hens teeth but you may strike it lucky with a cancelled order which was placed yonks ago....

You never know until you try

If it was me - I think 7 months is taking the biscuit but from all accounts loads of other marques are the same just now and you might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire by cancelling.

Good Luck

Fee x

1 - 20 of 35 Posts