Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am one of the brigade, making crosses on the calendar, waiting for my CVT, AWD, Tekna Premium, that is sort of promised forJune/July (ordered Oct. 9, 2010), would anyone in a similar situation, be kind enough to post on the Forum when they are pretty sure these cars are going to be available?

Unless I have missed it, I have read nothing that Nissan have published to apologise orexplain the reason forthis ludicroussituation!

I did hear from a supposed knowledgeable source that the demand for this model,in countries like India, etc.,has been so tremendous that supplyhas beenaffected dramatically.

Back in October, I used to get the odd phone call from Nissan HG, in Spain, asking me if I was happy with the adverts, because they knew I had read them on the computer. I told him yes, fine, I am going to order the top of the range model!

All has now gone really quiet, no more calls, cannot contact him, uh oh!! Embarrassed, I quess??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
5523_Juke said:
I'd question your 'knowledgeable source" - Juke isn't sold in India !
Can't comment on India but it is sold in US and China and the demand for these two contries is outstripping supplies hence why Nissan are doing their utmost to supply these markets at our costs as its a new emerging markets they want to get into.

News just in Nissan expects to sell 22000 Jukes this coming year article from autoexpress as it was related to a UK flop I am guessing that is UK sales

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5523_Juke said:
I'd question your 'knowledgeable source" - Juke isn't sold in India !
Well, well, this was from a salesman in a local Nissan dealership!! Left and right hand springs to mind??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I heard "global constraints" story forCVT versions too. I think it's to do with one global supplier not being able to suddenly give Nissan millions more gearboxes to satisfy overall supply in Russia (lots of autos on lots of different models) plus the launch ofJuke specifically in US. A new factory needs to come on-stream apparently. Different thread topic, but maybe the move of americans to smaller cars will hurt european lead times a lot as they start to consider engines smaller than 4.0 V8 and steal all our bits!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Delivery situation in the US isnt great either you know. friend of mine just ordered a Juke. Estimated delivery of beginning of April

·
Registered
199 Posts
one of the biggest causes f or the delays what no one has touched on is the mobility deals, people can get cars dirt cheap, thats the QQ's biggest problem, a nissan dealer was telling me on the weekend

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theguru, abolute rubbish as far as Spain is concerned!! Yes, there is a little dispensation, very unfortunately, I am a member of that brigade. My God I wish I had my health back, I would gladly pay whatever it took but it has made no difference to my position in the queue, I can assure you.

Waited some 3 months now and told probably June/July.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pilgrim said:
theguru, abolute rubbish as far as Spain is concerned!! Yes, there is a little dispensation, very unfortunately, I am a member of that brigade. My God I wish I had my health back, I would gladly pay whatever it took but it has made no difference to my position in the queue, I can assure you.

Waited some 3 months now and told probably June/July.
chill out, only saying what a nissan salesman told me last weekend, and i'm not saying mobility are getting the cars first i 'm saying lots of people are buying the juke and qq because they get a good deal on them

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the guru, sorry if I sounded irate, I am not BUT your opening words were "one of the biggest causes for the delays". Which to meindicated the so-called "dirt cheap" deals were being taken by mobility challenged people?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
theguru said:
one of the biggest causes f or the delays what no one has touched on is the mobility deals, people can get cars dirt cheap, thats the QQ's biggest problem, a nissan dealer was telling me on the weekend

'
Guru - i understand what you are saying but this could be misconstrued by some mobility owners as being a direct DIG at them for getting priority over "The Paying Public" and this could be taken as offensive.

Forgive me if this is not what you meant but I do know from being a mod on the QQ club that this same comment caused no end of grief and plenty of people took offense at this implication and all **** broke loose.

Many mobility owners would rather have had their health then a cheap car....

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Where as the comments may read offensive I think what op was trying to say was that as the Juke is now availbale to motability customers who get a deal thru motability the wait will become longer due to the increase in numbers ordering.

Before this gets out of hand I think we should just leave this topic alone
I am sure offence wasn't meant and like me op has misworded something

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
60 Posts
<h1 id="firsting" ="firsting" style="color: black; -: none; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; : initial; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb170, 170, 170; width: auto; font-size: 1.6em; overflow-x: ; overflow-y: ; line-height: 1.2em; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial; ">Smyrna, Tennessee thats where th us juke are being made</h1>

·
Registered
56 Posts
err no the Juke is not built here in the US. Its built in Oppamahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppama, Japan.
Yes Nissan have a plant in Tennessee but its not building any of the CVT Jukes, may not even be building any Jukes at all.
Even if I am wrong and it is now building Jukes the VIN in my Juke , which is here in the US clearly states it was built in Japan which Im fairly sure is not in Tennessee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts