Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well how excited was I to get my new Juke from Glyn Hopkins Chelmsford last October! Should have known from ordering it was going to be a nightmare, first it was in late and I had to keep chasing, picked the car up finally and I was one happy lady. Then the trouble begun.

Month 1 back to the garage due to it sounding similar to a ford transit van when starting ( in Toomy Southend overnight) was told they all sound that way.

Month 2 radio froze with a horrible buzzing noise and blue tooth not working back to Toomy again 2 nights could not find the fault and asked to drive it on a 100mile round trip to the service mans home in Kent! 1 week after I took it home it happened again so I drove it over with the frozen screen and buzzing and it was booked back in, another 2 days at Toomy on month 3 and had a whole new centre panel fitted.

Month 6 air on not working back to Toomy Southend agin 1 whole day and nothing done booked in another week later for repair, apparently the welding had gone and was once again repaired.

Month 7 horrible grinding sound ? Maybe a fuel pump problem..... My response to Nissan UK as seen below:-

Could anyone on here blame and advise me on how I can end this misery?

To the manager,

I brought my Nissan Juke 1.4 Dci on finance in October last year from Glyn Hopkins Chelmsford, after a longer then promised, expected time and phone calls to them I finally collected her in November 2012 and to be honest I wished I had not bothered.

The car has been into the garage on no less then 5 occasion, it has had the whole centre panel replaced due to a fault, it has just had the air conditioning centre repaired due to fault and now it is making a grinding noise which I believe to be the fuel pump.

My car has been in and out of Toomy in Southend nearly every month since I picked it up and I have had enough, the car is faulty, it obviously was when I brought it and I will not continue to drive the miles to the dealership and keep wasting my time. I have consumer rights under the sales of goods act and would like further action and advice to return this car to you, get a full refund or indeed the car which I ordered in the first place which actually works.

My car registration number is LM62 ***

Yours sincerely

SGJ

Extremely dissatisfied customer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
This isn't going to be the answer you want I'm afraid, but....

You do have rights under the sale of goods act, but it's not as simple as having a couple of problems fixed under warranty and then saying you want your money back because another, apparently unrelated, problem has cropped up. The severity and nature of the problems matter, as does whether the problems are resolved or not.

The fact your car has a third fault in reality just means you need to get it booked in and looked at under warranty again. If you invoke SOGA then the dealer will just say OK give us the car so we can repair it - they have that right under SOGA. If the dealer is unable to rectify the fault, and depending on the severity of the fault, then your consumer rights kick in but they've not yet been given that opportunity.

It would be different if the car was doing something fundamentally wrong like failing to start, cutting out etc and the dealer had had chances to fix it but failed to do so.

I would be opening a dialogue pointing out how disappointed you are with the issues, the length of time they are taking to resolve, etc and requesting a thorough inspection and maybe a goodwill gesture for your inconvenience.

I'd be 100% certain they will not replace/refund the car under SOGA at this point - there is no requirement for them to do so and it would be a huge financial loss for them. They could offer to sell you another car and take your Juke back in p/x at what they say is a preferential rate, I've seen that done before in similar situations.

Please don't take my response as being unsympathetic to your plight, it does sound like you've had a bit of a nightmare with the car and I hope you can get it sorted out to your satisfaction one way or the other.

If it helps to reassure you at all the aircon failure sounds very much like a problem which seems pretty common so there's no reason to think your car is specifically a "bad-un" because of that.

The grinding noise really needs proper diagnosis - why do you think it's the fuel pump? Does it grind when the system primes before the car starts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply John, i do appreciate your response, but am very upset.
The grinding is on and off and only happens when the engine is running, it does not happen prior to the car staring but does one or two more times once it is off. It does not get faster or slower with the revs and vibrates through the drivers seat - sounds like a washing machine pump as it drains the water out. I'm just sick an tired of going backwards an forwards all the time, it's averaging one a month! If it was any other appliance it would have gone back after the 3rd time and his is not the first compliant I have made to Nissan.
I appreciate there maybe teething problems, and up to the 3rd time visiting the garage i was not that fussed, but to have bits welded, replaced and keep going wrong I just find wrong when you spend thousands.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The washing machine pump type noise has been reported by a few people, if I remember correctly Nissan were aware and working on a fix but it's something for the dealer to look into. I'd agree it does sound like it could well be fuel pump related if it's still happening with the engine off, I think the pump keeps running for a little while.

I can completely understand you being upset, I do think you're very unlucky to have had a failed head unit, snapped a/c pipe and now this :(

It shouldn't happen and I would hope a decent dealer would be bending over backwards to help you at this point.

It's little comfort to you I know but at the end of the day it sounds like two of the issues you have/had are known Juke foibles - one is fixed hopefully the other one can be fixed soon too.

The other issue you're going to have with rejecting the car under SOGA is you've had it for longer than six months - I believe that's the limit for rejections but could be wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi its Spammy Juke - The fault has finally been discovered (yes it really has taken this long) and is a fuel pump issue, it apparently does not effect the safety of the car, is known to happen in the JUke only and the parts to fix the problems are on there way from Japan and will be here and therefore repaired next month!!
Nissan apoligised for the amount of stress and agro and problems with my car but that it!! 10 months old, weeks in a courtesy car and numerous hours running about backwards and forwards to garages not to mention all the time complaining on the phone and thats what i get!! well nissan i have now reported you to trading standards and watchdog this is not exceptable and you customer service is absolutely discusting - you should be very ashemed. I will be telling my story and airing my views anyway i can to prevent this happening to others.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What have you reported to watchdog and trading standards?

That you had three unrelated faults, all relatively minor, all fixed under warranty and none of which stopped you using the car?

I'm sure they'll be falling over themselves to go after Nissan for that.

I do understand how annoying niggling faults can be, and having to deal with Nissan CS was enormously frustrating for me too, but honestly I think you're going rather OTT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think spammy Juke is going OTT!

When you spend a lot of money on goods, very least you expect that it is fit for purpose. The fact it has had 3 different faults does not give you confidence in the product and more importantly the customer service to deal with it.

How are things going to improve if we accept poor goods & service?
Well done Spammy Juke I would have done the same.

Nicole

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you cub leader, interestingly enough trading standards are currently advising me and are helping me through the process of getting my car dealt with through the hire purchase agreement and the 1973 supply of goods act! OTT on a 10 month old car which I have only drove for 8 months and some of these days backwards and forwards to the garage and still being charged for the pleasure every month......not to mention the fact it still is not fix, is a known fault with the jukes and the part is not being shipped from Japan until next month. Faulty car, faulty goods if you would not be upset with that then you have more money then since John C I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very grateful to you all for bringing up these issues with Nissan. As a matter of fact, my juke that I got this April started with that funny noise and now has progressed to AC fault.

I have had enough with Nissan and I am absolutely exhausted with it. Like one of you mentioned, It is important that when you spend so much on a good, you get its worth. But Nissan in its defence claims its not a safety issue. I am worried that this is going to go on and on cause even that lie that something is being shipped from Japan is fault. Something clearly needs to be done.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What is being shipped from Japan for a French built engine? Even if the component is actually Japanese, and it might well be, it only takes a couple of days for shipment of VOR [Vehicle Off Road] parts.
Car manufacturers and dealers generally are fairly useless. They talk the talk about customer service and satisfaction but when it comes to walking the walk they invariably stumble and fall.

Unfortunately I have not had any better experiences with any of very many brands of cars that I have bought and run for myself and my business over the years. The showrooms are swisher and the sales staff slightly less spivy, but that is as far as it goes. They have a lot to learn from other industries that DO provide real 'service'.
So, in a nutshell, if something goes wrong with any other brand of car in these sort of circumstances, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a better resolution.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thank you cub leader, interestingly enough trading standards are currently advising me and are helping me through the process of getting my car dealt with through the hire purchase agreement and the 1973 supply of goods act! OTT on a 10 month old car which I have only drove for 8 months and some of these days backwards and forwards to the garage and still being charged for the pleasure every month......not to mention the fact it still is not fix, is a known fault with the jukes and the part is not being shipped from Japan until next month. Faulty car, faulty goods if you would not be upset with that then you have more money then since John C I'm afraid.
I didn't say I wouldn't be upset, I just wouldn't be as upset as you seem to be. It's not like Nissan have washed their hands of the car or anything, the faults either were or will be all taken care of under warranty.

I don't see how three completely unrelated faults none of which make the car any less able to function as a car can be described as making it not fit for purpose so I'd be really interested in what trading standards are specifically advising you to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts