Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering wheel on my Juke is now peeling on both sides, not just one..
I took it straight into the servicing department of CDG cars on 26th Jan, where the receptionist walked out to the car and took photos to send off to Nissans Warranty center?
However, after sitting there for 20 minutes I was told the camera wasn't working. So was asked to come back in the next Wednesday (2nd Feb) at 4 o' clock where the Warranty Manager would be there to greet me.
Turned up at 4 o' clock where the Warranty Manager wasn't there to greet me.. I was asked to take a seat, where finally at 4:45 the receptionist came over to take my keys.. I saw Juke being driven off..
At 5:30 the car was driven back where I was then greeted by the receptionist with the keys.. 'All sorted' he exclaimed, 'The parts should arrive in 5 - 10 days, i'll call you when they arrive to book in a time slot so you can book your Courtesy Car, as it will be an overnight job due to the nature of connecting airbags etc..'
'Okay, brill, thanks very much!' <--- A very happy Sam!
I thought it was over... But oh how wrong I was.. Call back the next day from the dealership saying 'Nissan UK have actually declined the need for a replacement of your steering wheel as it looks like, and we agree with them, that you've been driving the car wearing a ring..'
I was absolutely LIVID
. A. I don't wear any rings, whatsoever. B. Even if I did, a car thats 2 months old with 5,000 miles on it should NOT peel its steering wheel?! and C. How dare you accuse it of being my fault?! and D. You told me it was accepted and the parts were arriving?!
I was straight onto the phone with Nissan Customer Services where the head of Nissan UKs Warranty Center called me and promised me a call back either Monday 7th or Tuesday 8th of Feb.
I have yet to have this call.
This is my first experience with a brand new car, and I chose the Juke because I knew that after my Megane and Freelander, that the Nissan brand would not let me down (reliability wise). Now I don't know what to believe!? Are all new cars like this?!
Not a happy chappy. And to top it off, windscreen cracked. Over £300 to replace due to the shape and the rim that only NISSAN can replace because its such a new vehicle.. This ownership is turning out to be more of an annoyance than a joy.. I hope I don't have this for my whole 2 1/2 years.. :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1653
Please take time to read the above topic about a power steering issue i have with my Juke.
Like myselve i`m not surprised you are angry about the way you have been treated,its a disgrace in my view.You expect a certian level of customer care when something goes wrong,but Nissan seem to be falling way way behind.I hope you get your problem sorted soon,as i feel i may be given the run around for some time yet reg mine
Good luck.Edited by: BWFC

·
Registered
202 Posts
AutoGlass will repair the windscreenthrough the standard insurance procedure...don't pay any more than your excess. I had minereplaced recently for just £70 insurance windscreen excess.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
wow sorry to hear your woes mad a comment on your dealer on another thread as I said I have found them to be good but your experience is far from that. May I suggest you pm member Nissan GB ltd on here as it is monitored by the highest managers in Nissan and may aid a swift response
your dealer should not have agreed the replacement if Nissan hadn't already authorised it but seems to be typical Nissan lack of communication also I agree no matter what in such a short time the steering wheel should not be peeling poor quality. also for point of interest Nissan is now owned by Renault.. good luck hope it gets sorted for you soon

·
Registered
175 Posts
<decs> Nissan is not owned by Renault, they have minorityshare in Nissan (and Nissan have the same in Renault) - hence it's called the 'Nissan-Renault Alliance'

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I beleive that Nissan has a 15% stake in Renault and that Renault owns a 44% stake in Nissan up from its original 38% yes its an alliance but one that has more Renault input into Nissan than Nissan into Renault

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can't wear a ring or you'll invalidate the warranty????????? WTF????

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jayannlay said:
You can't wear a ring or you'll invalidate the warranty????????? WTF????
yippee!! another excuse to get the wedding ring off

Honestly Nissan is becoming a Joke I doubt I will ever own another, They clearly have no idea how to look after customers

·
Registered
659 Posts
What about the destructive qualities of sweat? What if you sneeze on it? FFS that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to butt in. You may have seen my rant ref my gearbox going completely back in October with only 500 odd miles on the clock and 3 weeks old - posted on Techincal thread. I didnt know there was a warranty manager. As a goodwill gesture the dealership said that they would organise a spare wheel etc for me. That was back in October I am still waiting for it. Apparently the parts were coming in gradually over the weeks, the jack etc were not sent as one part but made up of several parts!?? They have been waiting since December for the tyre to arrive. I told them to go on Ebay as everyone else does. I havent even had a call from anyone in Nissan ie, customer care, warranty manager or whatever. I have only ever had conversations with my original salesperson and the service guys. I thought I would get more of a result from not ranting and raving but perhaps I should have.

Oh, I noticed shortly after the car was returned to me that there are several small scratches on the gearbox cover surround and the gear knob.

Just wanted to share that with you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It just gets better....

No more Nissans for me...I like the car but their CS is

·
Registered
329 Posts
Another "sorry to but in",

But in the interests of fairness, I ve had my Juke for almost 5 months now and had NO PROBLEMS at all.
Im not boasting, Im just trying to show that some people are willing to post when they dont have problems, rather than the general majority who only post when they have issues!!!

Cant comment on customer service - but the dealer I bought from was pretty poor, so it doesnt look promising for long term satisfaction!!

The cars great thou!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey, andytran, we all say it as we see it.

I'm glad for the people who are 100% happy. I only have one gripe. The dci mpg. It's a BIG gripe but I still love this car!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thats the blessing of the internet --- It seems that people are much more vocal with complaints than with praise but thats the way of it these days - those who shout loudest..!!!!!

Companies need to pay more attention to their customer service

I must have a helluva loud voice - never done moaning.

That really is a bummer though - i cannot think of a stranger and more pathetic excuse in my life not completing a warranty repair... someone wearing a ring - next it'll be wear on the foot pedals because you are wearing shoes or wear on a seat because you are wearing jeans.

They will want us all to drive in the buff soon - Ooh gross

I would complain very loudly again to them about this - absolutely ridiculous excuse this one...

Fee x

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think you are missing the point. We all like the car its the service which is coming with it. Or lack of should I say. My husband brought a brand new QQ in December had it a week then had an operation which meant it wasnt driven for a couple of weeks. Back on the road a week and the brakes started to judder, went to dealership,need new brake disc as warped but Nissan wont let us replace until theycome down at look at it due to lack of mileage so dont believe us. Two trips backand given the ok for it to be replaced. No call from anyone to say, sorry this is not the norm, what can we do to apologise etc etc. Two brand new cars having to go back to dealershipboth with onlya few hunderd on the clock.I mean come on! Other people I know have had Nissan and never had problems, customer service is brilliant they said hence us deciding to make changes for economic reasons from sporty Volvo and BMW.

Its customer service which is at fault and which we are complaining about not necessarily the vehicle. Finished rant.......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts