Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get a really rough sound when firing up the diesel?
Sound a bit like the old days when the starter motor used to stick.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes mine sounds like a tractor on start up always has, another thing when starting from cold if I don't pre heat it just doesnt want to know.
While at the hotel for the Gaydon meet a few other members where quite surprised by how vocal the thing is on start up from cold
seriously lacking in sound deadening

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys
I have to say that I have owned many diesels in the past and my Juke is no noisier on start up or running than the others. My last car was an 09 Mondeo Titanium which gets rave reviews for its engine and the Juke sounds the same at start up. With it "only" having a 1.5 engine it is higher geared than the Mondeo running at 2500 revs at 70MPH as opposed to 2000 revs. The benefit is thatyou can sit at 30MPH on the flatin 6th gear with no problems which helps the MPG.
Deks
You should always wait for the pre heat light to go out before starting. I have the Tekna and when you push the start button it won't start until the pre heat light goes off. Use the couple of seconds to put your seat belt on!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Firecat said:
Guys
I have to say that I have owned many diesels in the past and my Juke is no noisier on start up or running than the others. My last car was an 09 Mondeo Titanium which gets rave reviews for its engine and the Juke sounds the same at start up. With it "only" having a 1.5 engine it is higher geared than the Mondeo running at 2500 revs at 70MPH as opposed to 2000 revs. The benefit is thatyou can sit at 30MPH on the flatin 6th gear with no problems which helps the MPG.
Deks
You should always wait for the pre heat light to go out before starting. I have the Tekna and when you push the start button it won't start until the pre heat light goes off. Use the couple of seconds to put your seat belt on!!
You are right about pre heat but I dont have to pre heat my 206 hdi get in turn key fire up
in fact of my last 6 diesels various makes this is the only one thathas required that archaic system of pre heat before starting, my problem is remembering to do it especially when I drive the 206 far more which doesnt need it, mind you its a boring as ****

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Can't make that claim about mine certainly know mine is running ask anyone that was at Banbury Sunday morning think I woke them all up

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
haha, slept like a baby.
After i made sure no one was trying to paint my car.
Missed the bugger with the coffee tho!!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
meaga-byte said:
haha, slept like a baby.

After i made sure no one was trying to paint my car.

Missed the bugger with the coffee tho!!!
Don't you mean she missed YOU with the coffee

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
haha that might be the case but shhh.
I still have nightmares about someone with a bottle of tipex lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
deks36 said:
yes  mine sounds like a tractor on start up always has, another thing when starting from cold  if I don't pre heat it just doesnt want to know.While at the hotel for the Gaydon meet  a few other members  where quite surprised by how vocal the thing is on start up from cold seriously lacking in sound deadening
Deks I believe that nissan made the diesel engines on RED jukes louder just to get them noticed

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've a diesel Juke. The K9 1.5 Dci engine is a robust unit but it is clunky, cold as well as warm. This is particularly noticable next to my wife's diesel Subaru which by comparison is silky smooth and you can hardly tell apart fron a petrol engine.Mine you the Juke is a £17k car and the Subaru a £30k car. I still like the the little guy though!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ooooh handbags at dawn girls! Here, have a
and chill out.
Actually I did read your post, the information about a rubbing a/c pipe possibly causing a vibrating/resonating noise at certain RPM was useful if you have that symptom. I reckon my answer for the issue of general engine noise in the dCi is just as valid though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So what I was also trying to point out is that there is a reason for the extra noise from cold which is fully explained in a Customer Service Information Bulletin titled Diesel Knock Noise - this explains that management issues around timing, fuel & ait temperature and gas recirculation all contribute the theknocking noise as aside effect. For me it's true to form. Once warm my Juke sounds like a petrol except when accelerating hard. Sorry if you felt upset. Thanks for the sweeetie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts