Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How noisy is the car? For comparison say against the Freelander2 or Dodge Caliber.
Is there road noise?
Is there tire noise?
Is there engine noise?
Say at 100KM per Hour on the freeway with closed windows.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've only done a test drive so can only comment on about 40 mins in the car (but I have owned a Dodge Caliber in the past!).

Engine Noise - no. quiet as a button even on the naturally aspirated 1.6
Tire Noise - not really
Road Noise - no, but at 60mph+ there is wind noise, which you expect with a higher vehicle. I'd say this is more noticeable than on a Caliber or on a Ford Kuga, which I had previously.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hrmm noises! We've done 850 miles in our 1.6 now and here's my findings...

Stationary with the engine running the car is near silent from the inside, I've had to double check the tach to see if the car is running a number of times ;)

Around town & slow driving there's little road noise, can quite easily hold conversation with someone in the back. There's a whine from the gearbox at the top of 1st & into 2nd. Reminds me of my old MINI Cooper-S's supercharger but its nowhere near as loud.

Motorway driving (i.e.70-80mph) there is a bit of wind noise, I'd say about the same as our Mazda 2. However in the rain you can hear the water splashing up in the rear arches, I assume the sound deadening in the boot isn't that good. Also the engine revs are quiet high at 70mph, some 4,000rpm, but its not a very noisey engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chris78 said:
I've only done a test drive so can only comment on about 40 mins in the car (but I have owned a Dodge Caliber in the past!).

Engine Noise - no. quiet as a button even on the naturally aspirated 1.6
Tire Noise - not really
Road Noise - no, but at 60mph+ there is wind noise, which you expect with a higher vehicle. I'd say this is more noticeable than on a Caliber or on a Ford Kuga, which I had previously.

Hi Chris
Thanks for your feedback. I also owned a Dodge Caliber and found that the road noise at high speeds were on the high side. Hope the Juke is less than the Cali.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iamdabe said:
Hrmm noises! We've done 850 miles in our 1.6 now and here's my findings...

Stationary with the engine running the car is near silent from the inside, I've had to double check the tach to see if the car is running a number of times ;)

Around town & slow driving there's little road noise, can quite easily hold conversation with someone in the back. There's a whine from the gearbox at the top of 1st & into 2nd. Reminds me of my old MINI Cooper-S's supercharger but its nowhere near as loud.

Motorway driving (i.e.70-80mph) there is a bit of wind noise, I'd say about the same as our Mazda 2. However in the rain you can hear the water splashing up in the rear arches, I assume the sound deadening in the boot isn't that good. Also the engine revs are quiet high at 70mph, some 4,000rpm, but its not a very noisey engine.

Hi iamdabe
Thanks for the info, appreciated. If you spray theinside of the rear arches with a rubber coating, that may help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
agree with everything iamdabe has said but must add thatthe engineis a lot quieter in eco mode when acceleratingthan normal or sport. Probably because of the way the engine revs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts