Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a noise/rattle eminating from their boot. This has been going on for a while now and i cant find where the problem is coming from. It sounds like something plastic knocking and mainly happens on bumpy roads or going down kerbs, round roundabouts. I have taken everything out of the boot tray and placed some felt pads on top of the handle of the tray and on a piece of plastic underneath it but this has not cured it. I think i saw a topic on here a while ago and someone was talking about placing a cloth somewhere but i cant find the topic as there are so many on here.

Please help it's doing my head in !!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i have the same problems Snare. Along with a rattle in the dashboard and rattly glove box lol. I have looked high and low for the noise in the back. It really does sound like the plastic tray or boot liner is bouncing up and down but the noise does not go away when said items are removed :(
I am close to taking it into nissan and telling them to sort it.
If I find out i shall let u know and please, visa versa :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey Guys - you sure its not the actual boot tray bouncing up when you go over a bump ?Mine does ! Especially speed ramps if i go a little to quick.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ill take it out again and give it another try but im pretty sure that made no difference. I took everything out including the puncture repair kit. Noise was still there and the lack of sound proofing was incredibly bad. The fact that i can hear the difference between a dry road and a slightly damp one is annoying lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Could it be the rear number plate rattling against the bodywork. Mine was stuck down using double sided sticky foam but as there are 2 fixing lugs behind the plate, it was not flush on the bodywork so every time on bumpy road it would rattle.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The number plate really is to small to make the kind of noise i think we are hearing. certainly the noise i hear anyways.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Given that another member has had an issue with their rear suspension. Have you checked the rear suspension bushes? There was a major issue with the Qashqai ones which only recently, after 3 Years have been fully resolved?

Fee x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi there,

Try folding down the rear seat backs. I've had a similar problem and it took me ages to narrow it down. It's something to do with the latch that locks the seats upright. I've tried all sorts with the seats upright to try to make it happen when the car is stationarybut there is nothing loose and it only occurs when itis moving. When I drive out of my driveway I have to cross a low kerb at an angle and no matter how slow I go when the car is dropping down the kerb I get the noise. I also get it on rough roads (there's plenty of them around here). I think it must be the frame of the car flexing that is causing it. It also doesn't occur when I've got passengers in the back asthey are putting weight on the seat backs and stopping the movement.

Now when I haven't got rear passengers I just drive with the seats upright but not locked in, seems to have got rid of the problem. I know it's not a solution and I'm tempted to pass it to the dealer if anyone else can confirm their problem is associated with the rear seats.
Best regards
Colin

·
Registered
555 Posts
fippenyjuke said:
Hi there,</font>

Try folding down the rear seat backs. I've had a similar problem and it took me ages to narrow it down. It's something to do with the latch that locks the seats upright. I've tried all sorts with the seats upright to try to make it happen when the car is stationarybut there is nothing loose and it only occurs when itis moving. When I drive out of my driveway I have to cross a low kerb at an angle and no matter how slow I go when the car is dropping down the kerb I get the noise. I also get it on rough roads (there's plenty of them around here). I think it must be the frame of the car flexing that is causing it. It also doesn't occur when I've got passengers in the back asthey are putting weight on the seat backs and stopping the movement.</font>

Now when I haven't got rear passengers I just drive with the seats upright but not locked in, seems to have got rid of the problem. I know it's not a solution and I'm tempted to pass it to the dealer if anyone else can confirm their problem is associated with the rear seats. </font>
Best regards</font>
Colin</font>
Yes that could be the concern here.Solution / quick fix = Get some anti rattle tape (felt tape) and put it around the metal fixing points were the seat locks into place when latched back - not to much , just enough to cushion a rattle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well everyone i've had my car in to the garage today.............and they still have it. they have told me they need it for another day and think they have found what it is but the lady that phoned did not have the info as to what it was. They have basically removed the rear end of the car to check it but will find out tommorow hopefully what it was and let you know

I did check if it was he tray and removed it but the sound still appeared
I removed the boot floor and everyting that would move and it still happened. I even put some felt pads on the tray between the tyre boot floor and the handle and under the tray with the tray under that too. I have noticed the boot floor is not held with the magnetic clips towards th back of the boot like it is at the fron but have had heavy bags of sand in there so surely that wouldnt bounce and jump with that much weight

I did get someone to sit in the back with the N/S rear seat down and although it wasnt AS much of a knocking noise it was still there but i will check the theory of the seat lock with the garage in the morning.

I have noticed when going up kerbs or speed bumps slowly and on a turn like yourself going down the kerbs that there is a groaning or creaking sound coming from the same place and did think that it might have been the vehicle body twisting but surely it shouldnt that much. What ever it is... it shouldnt be happening. But just another problem to add to my ever growing list over the last 5 months of owning this "lemon".

Hopefully we'll get an answer in the morning. Fingers crossed !!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ah Snare, our cars have come from the same tree. My Juke has been in the shop a few times now for rattles, squeaks and glitches lol. At current they have had my car since monday morning and expect to have it till thursday or friday. They need to replace the Altinator pulley (not the belt) as it was squealing like i ran over an animal. Going from a 1.6T to a 1.5D NOTE is not that fun lol
Hopefully they would have sorted everything out but to be honest im not holding my breath.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That long ???? how come ??

I feel your pain Meaga-byte

I got my car in march and have encounted the following :-

Knocking in the boot
Rattly engine (which i was told is the normal Diesel sound)
Smoke and burning smell from the engine
Smell of burning rubber (or like cooked breaks) from F/O/S wheel
Rear number plate dropping off
Plastic press stud on floor holding Driver floor mat fell off
Paint chips when delivered (still fighting dealership on that)
Rear quarter panel out of line when delivered
The flaking paint defect on the front bumper

Just waiting for the next thing to appear. To be honnest i cring evertime i get in the damm thing now. Will keep you posted on the knocking noise !!

take care

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
oh wow! thats probably a little worse than mine.
Got mine in April / May
Rattle from Mid dash
Rattle from Near side dash,
Glove box rattle ( think it might be connected to above rattle)
Weired leather sounding creek at speeds 65-80
Rattle in the boot
Intermittent squeaky breaks
Very soft breaking for a 1.6 Turbo petrol (had a few not gonna stop in time moments)
Paint defect on front bumper wing.
Panels are alined but some gaps are to big and some gaps are not symmetrical
And now squealing pulley from engine
Maybe im just to pedantic.

I know what u mean about cringing when u come to get into the car and drive it. Its brand new and should not be suffering these problems. But then its still teething and after a year things will ether come right or u just wont care anymore :(
It has left a slightly bad taste in my mouth but then again acording to my Mrs, i found equal complaints about our last car that was bought brand new lolEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@snaremeister, clearly you have some real issues that seem to not be being resolved may I suggest you PM Nissanmotorgbltd forum member and expalin your issues Nissan monitor this forum at a higher level than you can talk to on the phone and they have proved rather helpful to other forum members in the past
I make no promise they will be able to help you but you have nothing to lose

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i got my car back after 2 days and the dealer seems to have cured the kncoking noise. when i asked what they had done they said that the had checked some wiring coupling and one of the spare connectors was loose so they tightened it. To be honest i cant possibly see how that could have been making the noise. I actually inspected that connector myself when looking for the problem and there was no way that could make a knocking noise and a creek/groaning noise when i turned up kerbs etc...... However by striping the boot out and removing the panels to inspect it has done something when they have put it back togather as the noise has stopped. Lets hope it permanent !!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got my booth noice free.

First off all I thought it was the sapre wheel and some stuff lying around there.

Then after that i figured out it ware indeed the backseats (the metal past wich locks) till now no sound in the back any more.

hope it stays that way

·
Registered
167 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
I got my booth noice free.

First off all I thought it was the sapre wheel and some stuff lying around there.

Then after that i figured out it ware indeed the backseats (the metal past wich locks) till now no sound in the back any more.

hope it stays that way
I didn't go searching for this thread, I just came accross it...

But I have to say that I noticed similar sounds to those other describeds in this thread - i.e. creaking and knocking, especially as I do a similer manouver daily when I do a 90 degree reverse up a kerb in to my drive way, and I always have loads of junk falling over in my boot, so just put it down to that and it's not anoyed me enough to go checking for it - but thanks for the post and the solutions if I do want to do somthing about it I now can

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi.

I had the same problem with the left side back seat......Try a little bit of grease around the metal that the seat locks on too.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts