Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well spoke to a Nissan agent, seems it is fact that Nissan will no longer take orders for CVT Qashqai's as has been reported on here, I didnt think to ask if that will affect Juke CVT. He claimed Nissan were have stock problems with QQ cvt boxes.
I also put to him and he agreed, Nissan is a very small fish in the USA but the Juke has taken off over there aswell as it has here and I believe Nissan will go all out to supply an emerging market so as to get a hold in it where as in other places they are already esthablished. In laymans terms they will supply new markets before they fulfil orders in established markets
I am not sure this would directly afffect UK for 2 reason 1 drivers set is other side from ours and 2 US cars are built in Japan, but its highly possible that stock/parts mean't for UK builds could go to other markets.
I emphasize this i s a personal opinion and not fact

·
Registered
56 Posts
Delivery times here in the US are not much better if at all. I got lucky with mine but know someone who went to order one of a specific color etc just got told Feb or March

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there goes that pheory out the window then

thanks for the heads up your end

·
Registered
575 Posts
Maybe Nissan need to look in the medium term at supplying a different auto `box for Europe apart from CVT? CVT is pretty suited to US markets, but the world over here is moving to dual clutch. Maybe Nissan could look at that for the European markets to help with CVT lack of supply?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi,
Spoke to our dealer Monday & he said our car, 4wd CVT has now been put back to sometime in March from January. He said it was due to the high demand for the CVT boxes, they couldnt keep the stock coming in quick enough! He said it was the same as qq.
Im really gutted as that will be from Oct to Mar & who knows if that will be the end of it. The only upsides was he will not charge us the extra VAT saving us a small fortune & it will be thenew reg number!
To rub salt into the wound for the 1st time I spotted a Juke on the road too!
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I havent been on here for a couple of days due to a nasty bug, yep that struck the same day as I got the news!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My dealer had also said that too - He said that the CVTs were going to the USA and JAPAN

We appear to be second class citizens I am afraid

Fee x

·
Registered
166 Posts
oh no dont say that i'm waiting for a CVT and thought jan was long enough to wait dont think i can wait til march

·
Registered
377 Posts
It just worries me that the date may go back even further. Especially if you get to March & are then told April you arent going to cancel after waiting that long. Im not a happy bunny really!

·
Registered
377 Posts
jenkins said:
oh no dont say that i'm waiting for a CVT and thought jan was long enough to wait dont think i can wait til march
We were told Jan to & like you thought it was a long enough wait. It maybe worth a call to your dealer, or better Nissan Customer services as im not sure I totally trust the dealers dates after all the previous posts on here.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sorry Sallyspud

I'm not even sure that Nissan Customer Services have a clue either!!!!

Spoke to someone today about my mother and father in laws Qashqai delivery and she knew nothing about Nissan honouring the VAT increase if their delivery goes into next year. This is despite the fact her manager spoke to me last week about the VAT issue

Really doesn't inspire confidence.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Fee
I dont think the left hand knows what the right ones doing at Nissan! lol! Im just glad our dealer told us about the VAT, so at least we should be ok there.
Im not totally convinced of anything else they tell me! Im just glad for this forum really. Its given me a heads up on many occasions. It was your post about the guy at Morrissons that prompted us to phone our dealer & check. Although it was bad news its good to know. So a big thanks for the help youve given too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I don't know this, but I'd guess if Nissan are having supply problems wth CVTs, they'll try and find additional suppliers to get wait times down. If nothing else, they'll want to get additional supply to ensure they can supply the US - if they get into the market properly (and they're not a big player there) it'll mean serious money for them

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've heard the plants in the UK and Japan are working flat out with the parts they have available and it's parts suppliers that don't have the volume to keep up. The UK plant is on 2 shifts for Line 2 [Juke] and 3 shifts for Line 1 [QQ]. If they had the parts and the manpower Line 2 would be on 3 shifts. Demand for QQ's baby brother is roughly 3 times the predicted volume so it's probably expected that there will be shortages.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it not sad though that members have to find out details thru the forum rather than from their dealer or NCS. Its about time both admitted that the Juke has been far more popular than they anticipated(youwould have thought they learnt from the QQ but clearly not) and started being honest with customers, I believe its the lies and misleading information more than the delays that is really annoying people.

Its a great car its worth the wait but how much nicer it would be for all those waiting if they just had some truth from all at Nissan

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree the Juke is a runaway success and this time last year Nissan like all the British car plants were on short time working. They and their suppliers had reduced staff and this year had to recruit again, but not up to the levels before the recession. Last year the company I work for was on a 4 day week and now back to full time working we are finding it difficult to get our supply chain right as our suppliers are not able to meet our demands and we have trouble meeting delivery dates. Slow growth and fear that it could all go wrong again.
Nissan have been caught out by the increased sales for the QQ, the success of the Juke and no spare capacity to call on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just been emailed with a stock update from the dealer - and they have pushed delivery of my White Acenta Sport 1.5dci from mid Jan out to 8/2/11
not happybut what can you do - gave them a call and got the story that the factory is doing a qq run (not that I believe that bunk) and was told that the date is what the computer at Nissan tells them - and it might change and come back earlier - fat chance, does anyone tell the computer that there is a Christmas/New Year break in amongst that lot --------

phew feel better now - sorry about the rant everyone - I suppose I will have to get use to the date moving away from me

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know how you feel, I dont think im ever going to get mine & ive already traded mine in. so im without a car too.
March seems like an eternity away. It doesnt seem real anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any delays on 1.6T AWD models? Those are only made in Japan so may not be as affected by the delays in the Sunderland plant.

I bought one that was on back order by the dealer with a delivery date of 19-11, I spoke to them over the weekend and they say it is still coming as scheduled. Fingers crossed.

btw I am in Switzerland not the UK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts