Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way of using the screen to send or receive text messages?
It would be very cool if the text messages came up on the connect screen.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I dont think they do when I was driving yesterday the radio went quiet as the phone was going to ring but it didnt so I put it down to an error on recording but when i got home i loked t my phone to see i had received a message.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my wife has a fiat 500 which she is PX for the juke.
The audio system on that (blue & me) is brilliant.
when you recieve a text, it gives you the option of
having it read to you.
Like the immature man I am, I sent her a load of rude ones.
It was briliant

·
Registered
36 Posts
My mito reads text messages to you. Can be embarrassing though if it's rude and your sitting at traffic lights with the window down

·
Registered
952 Posts
The Juke can do it too, I guess it relies on the phone. My previous Android phones didn't do it but my current Windows Phone (HTC Mozart) does.
It's very neat, tells you you have a text and who from and asks you if you want to read it or not, then when it's read it to you asks you if you want to reply or not. If you do want to reply you just speak the text then it then reads the text back to you before giving you the choice to send or retry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
John_C said:
The Juke can do it too, I guess it relies on the phone. My previous Android phones didn't do it but my current Windows Phone (HTC Mozart) does.

It's very neat, tells you you have a text and who from and asks you if you want to read it or not, then when it's read it to you asks you if you want to reply or not. If you do want to reply you just speak the text then it then reads the text back to you before giving you the choice to send or retry.
That sounds cool, we've an Iphone and a Samsung and neither give us that option

Will have a nosey round the net and see if i can find out some further info.

·
Registered
952 Posts
iPhone doesn't do it either, I've just gone back to one. I think it must be a windows phone thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yay my nokia windows phone does this
i found out the other day by accident! my radio went off and my phone name came onto the connect screen, i was expecting a call but no she said i'd had a text message & told me who it was from......as you do in your car [ well i do ! ] i talked to myself and said ignore so she did
i then thought hang on did i just talk to my car? and it heard me
so as soon as i got home i asked my husband to text me, and yes i did talk to my car!!and then as above likesunnyP the next day my husband sent me a rude text that my car read out

·
Registered
423 Posts
You can get an app for the iPhone. That dose it.It's called. Drive safeYou have to pay for the app
I tried out the free one. But it only worked 10 times

1 - 11 of 11 Posts